Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dash rings mods

Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #81
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
This is probably a better candidate for the "cheap/free mods" stickey, instead of a whole new one.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #82
Cruise
TheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
TheSmash133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Add the color wheel to your op, op. That'll help make it a sticky.
Done!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #83
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Someone did a bright green, I am trying to track down the pic to add it.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #84
1LEGGED BADASS
1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11b
Name: Ryan
1LEGGER's Tacoma Gallery
How do you remove the tweeter rings?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #85
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #86
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEGGER View Post
IIRC you have to use a lighter or in some way heat up the adhesive on the back to release it. Same as the chrome plastic piece that goes around the shifter bezel.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #87
Purveyor of Fun

Here's mine btw, with the steering wheel emblem done.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #88
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
This is probably a better candidate for the "cheap/free mods" stickey, instead of a whole new one.
Agreed.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #89
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

Here's mine btw, with the steering wheel emblem done.
I really like the white, I feel like keeping it metallic but different shades or metal-colors would be more unique too. Like a gunmetal grey or bronze etc. . . Nice attention to details fellas!

It's the little things
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #90
Purveyor of Fun

The sun down look is cool too.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #91
RoninTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
RoninTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How do you guys take the emblem out of the steering wheel? Im going to go with white too. I really like the orange and black with the orange piping in the seats, thats badass.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #92
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
yup, colinb nailed it.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #93
Purveyor of Fun

Just sengt this to Neonlazer but I'll post it here if anyone cares to look:

Steering Wheel Emblem Removal

Step 1 - Gently pry up one corner (of the circle I know ) and get it high enough to see where the pin is. It's best to start at one of the intersections of the lines since there's more meat to pry on without deforming the plastic.
Step 2 - As soon as you have what you feel to be enough to easily put back in the hole, cut to desired length using exacto knife or something like it.
Step 3 - repeat process until all pins are cut (9 I think?)
Step 4 - prep for paint
Step 5 - Paint
Step 6 - Bake
Step 7 - Apply small amount of glue to all pins and swirl around in the holes now on your steering wheel and reapply emblem.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #94
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna go check mine out and see what might be a good color and guess what? Mine are already the same color silver as my truck (or at least it looks like it)....
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #95
Purveyor of Fun

Hahaha yeah they're all "chrome"
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #96
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Mine are not shiny like chrome is. Mine look like actual body color. I guess I need to pull them out and hold them up to the body to really know
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #97
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEGGER View Post
the tabs on the back are melted. easiest way is to cut the tip of the tab off from the back side, paint them, and then uppon reinstall, remelt them to the plastic surroundin them with a soldering iron.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #98
2012TXbaja is on a distinguished road
2012TXbaja's Tacoma Gallery
This was a fantastic, quick and easy mod. It took me about 10 minutes to pull the dash apart so I could get to the back of the rings to repaint them. Since I have the black TRD Baja edition, I decided to pain the grill emblem and the D-rings red. I am going to work on pulling the tweeter rings off so I can pain thoes red also.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #99
Cruise
TheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
TheSmash133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TXbaja View Post
This was a fantastic, quick and easy mod. It took me about 10 minutes to pull the dash apart so I could get to the back of the rings to repaint them. Since I have the black TRD Baja edition, I decided to pain the grill emblem and the D-rings red. I am going to work on pulling the tweeter rings off so I can pain thoes red also.
Nice man! Glad it helped!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #100
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Looks good fellas! I was thinking of doing something similar.... only using some of the rest of my Carbon Fiber Vinyl.... actually... saw someone else on here who did it... can't remember who though....