Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT

Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
jhinone is on a distinguished road

jhinone's Tacoma Gallery
Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT

Long time lurker here, finally have something worthy to post. Well... Sadly as the title says, Someone rear ended me at a stop light going about 40(ish). Thought I would post some pics of the carnage.

Good thing is every one is okay, my back is a little fuzzy, we will see how I feel in the morning.

The other parties agent already scheduled to inspect my car on Thursday. Would it be better to have my insurance to do their own inspection prior. My claims agent is to get back to me in the morning. As for now I will probably just crawl underneath and look for any obvious damage. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT-1002121532.jpg   Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT-1002121532a.jpg   Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT-1002121532b.jpg   Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT-1002121532c.jpg   Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT-1002121532d.jpg  

Rear-ended today. Tacoma vs. Lincoln Mark LT-before.jpg  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
glad everyone is ok. F'ed up the front of that lincoln
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
tire gate and high clearance bumper
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 2-0 Lincoln
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Who's the chica in the skirt ?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #6

jhinone's Tacoma Gallery
Errr. that's the other driver.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
tire gate and high clearance bumper
Time & money for this!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinone View Post
Errr. that's the attempted tacoma assassin.
That explains it all, women always crash
Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinone View Post
Errr. that's the attempted tacoma assassin.
Talk about rear end . To bad it's not like an eye for an eye .
Old 10-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #10

jhinone's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully it is just all time and money. However the bed did smack the back of the cab, doesn't look like much. It is also closer to the cab on the hit side by maybe and 1/8" or so. I am hoping it is just from the wiggle room of the bed mounting and not the frame.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #12

jhinone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Talk about rear end . To bad it's not like an eye for an eye .
That would have been at least a little compensation.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
That explains it all, women always crash
x2 every accident iv'e been in has been by a female hitting me while im stopped
Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
x2 every accident iv'e been in has been by a female hitting me while im stopped
Maybe they want us to do the same thing... Rearend them
Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #15
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like I say this all the time, but it looks like its time for a brute force bumper. Link in my sig picture
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Hope it was an important text message. Glad you're okay.

Lose the mud flaps
Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #17

jhinone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehab View Post
Hope it was an important text message. Glad you're okay.
Lose the mud flaps
Thanks! Actually I never really noticed how ugly they are. Side steps are soon to go as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #18
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! Sorry to give you shit.

Seriously glad you're okay
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #19

jhinone's Tacoma Gallery
No worries. I am a Vintage VW guy, so my eyes are still a little new to these trucks. actually, this is the first automobile I have had that has a radiator.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #20
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
Their insurance will inspect and come up with a quote. Take it to the repair place of your choice, and they will negotiate with the insurance to raise the amount on any extras they come up with. They should give you a rental while in the shop.