Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Opinion on green HIDs?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
tjwomble93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tate
tjwomble93's Tacoma Gallery
Opinion on green HIDs?

So I was riding around the other day and noticed how many people have blue HIDs. It got me wondering why there weren't other, non-obnoxious, colors. Getting HIDs soon, I was on the lookout and saw a lifted Silverado with some pale green headlights and thought it looked pretty sick. My girlfriend thinks it makes the truck look cheap. What are y'alls opinions? If you have green/different colored headlights on your rig post pics! I'm just looking for something different. My truck's a lifted black/black 07 Tacoma doublecab.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwomble93 View Post
So I was riding around the other day and noticed how many people have blue HIDs. It got me wondering why there weren't other, non-obnoxious, colors. Getting HIDs soon, I was on the lookout and saw a lifted Silverado with some pale green headlights and thought it looked pretty sick. My girlfriend thinks it makes the truck look cheap. What are y'alls opinions? If you have green/different colored headlights on your rig post pics! Thanks!
The green HID's were probably just a cheap kit with 3000K bulbs (which should be yellow). My yellow HID bulbs are green when they start up, then shift to yellow. Personally, I think plug and play HID kits are obnoxious as hell to other people on the road, regardless of their color. If you want HIDs, do it right and put them into projectors.

Edit: I wasn't thinking about really high temp color bulbs as shown above...
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Makes it look cheap and ricer. It will make it so you have almost no visibility. Plus those people who will be laughing and pointing at you, won't be doing it because they think your lights are cool...
Old 10-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Makes it look cheap and ricer. It will make it so you have almost no visibility. Plus those people who will be laughing and pointing at you, won't be doing it because they think your lights are cool...
I def think that is the case around here.. when I think HID's on trucks I think big obnoxious bro'd out Silverados.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Super ricer ghey lame like all other PNP HID kits.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Cruise
TheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud of

TheSmash133's Tacoma Gallery
Your not driving a ricer car here, so lets stick to 4300-6ks! It'd be unique though! hahaha
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #8

I wouldn't think it would bother other drivers esp. if they're angled right. Heres a pic I just found.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #9

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...og-lights.html
Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Lame as shit....
They don't make you buff as shit?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They don't make you buff as shit?
No, pink HIDs do... Man the bitchez be all over my buff as shit self when I roll through town with my flat billed hat, with metal mulisha stickers all over my windshield...
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it. I agree with your girlfriend.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #14
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwomble93 View Post
Those are projector-style lights and will do a better job aiming the HID's than just a regular reflector housing. They're still not great lights though. If you want better lighting, check out projector retrofits. There's a group buy goin on with them right now also:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html
Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Your girlfriend is right. Follow her lead.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
No, pink HIDs do... Man the bitchez be all over my buff as shit self when I roll through town with my flat billed hat, with metal mulisha stickers all over my windshield...
Dont forget your super tight Tapout shirt as you flash the sideways peace sign. Bitches love a poser who thinks they can get you in an arm bar if you cross them wrong!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with green HIDs should be kicked in the dick. Anything over 6k makes any vehicle look cheap.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Your girlfriend is right. Follow her lead.
He must never admit that, otherwise it'll only be downhill from that point on...
Old 10-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Anyone with green HIDs should be kicked in the dick.
I read this as if Kenny Powers was saying it
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #20
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
don't do it

Rode in a car with greens once

cant see SHIT.

and you might as well just call a cop to your house to have him give you a ticket