Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bridgestone - Dueler A/T REVO 2 Opinions

Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgestone - Dueler A/T REVO 2 Opinions

Hello,

I have a 2012 tacoma 4x4 access cab with stock tires. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada which tends to have pretty bad driving conditions in the winter. I've reviewed the stock dunlop grandtrek AT20 tires that are on the truck, it sounds like they are VERY poor in the winter and are not recommended for even a small amount of snow.

So i'm looking at a set of Bridgestone dueler A/T revo 2 since the reviews are very positive for winter and all around traction. Is there anyone running these tires that could provide some feedback on perfomance?

Also If you have any better suggestions for tires please let me know and the reasons why they're better.

Thanks

Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Can't help with the snow part, but I have no complaints about mine. I'm running the 265/75-16's. A bit of road noise, but I don't think it's that bad. Good dry/wet.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
szetor is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
szetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Hello,

I have a 2012 tacoma 4x4 access cab with stock tires. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada which tends to have pretty bad driving conditions in the winter. I've reviewed the stock dunlop grandtrek AT20 tires that are on the truck, it sounds like they are VERY poor in the winter and are not recommended for even a small amount of snow.

So i'm looking at a set of Bridgestone dueler A/T revo 2 since the reviews are very positive for winter and all around traction. Is there anyone running these tires that could provide some feedback on perfomance?

Also If you have any better suggestions for tires please let me know and the reasons why they're better.

Thanks

How much tread is left on the Dunlops? If they are still good I would suggest getting a dedicated set of winter tires / wheels instead.

I have a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 installed right now, I may try them for a few weeks in the snow before switching to the Blizzaks.

I just checked at Costco today and they are selling 265/70/16 Blizzak DM-V1s for ~$800 (includes a $70 rebate until 2012/10/07).
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
I had the revos on my Tundra and 4Runner, and as soon as the stock tires are done on the Tacoma they'll be replaced by revos too. Excellent tire in all conditions. Rain, snow, sand, never had them spin out or lose traction. They wear great too.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
I was also never able to get the revos to hydroplane, even going through huge puddles at high speed. They would just plow right through the water.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set on my 2002 xterra. GREAT tire. Mine wore fairly quickly but I drove that thing like a race car on windy country roads on a daily basis and never rotated them once.

Great feel, great traction and minimal road noise.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted these tires on my truck and Costco didnt have them in stock and I didn't want to wait, I wish I did now.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #8
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Great tire...I will be putting a set on my Taco...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
man..i loved those tires..had them on the truck i sold. second set.

i dont remember them lasting that long, but driving in the snow was amazing. not a magic pill for snow, but very predictable.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
rclangelan is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rclangelan's Tacoma Gallery
I had Revo's on my 2005 TRD Sport and Revo II's on my 2010 T4R TE. They are quietest, best handling AT tires I've ever owned. They were great in rain and snow, never had a problem finding traction.

They wear quickly though. I probably only got 40-50k miles on them before they needed replacing. Something about the rubber they use. Hooks up nice, wears poorly.

I went through 3 sets of AT tires on my 2012 T4R; DuraTracs, Geolanders, and finally settled on the Revos.

DuraTracs were by far the best looking and the best in the snow. But they were loud and lacked lacked highway performance.

Geolanders were super heavy and felt clumsy on the road as well.

Revo's handle like a cat in comparison. Quiet on the road, great in rain and snow.

Now, my new Baja came with BFG AT KOs. I intend to ride them out until they are bald. Might consider some Revos after the BFGs are gone. But that's gonna be a while yet.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
zzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zzchipster's Tacoma Gallery
i have run a set of revo 2's on my 2008 taco trd 4x4 dclwb and just put a set on my 2006 4runner 4x4 ltd v8. also ran a set revos on my gen 1 tundra ltd 4x4. great tire. handles the turns and water very well. you wil be amazed how stable the ride is. i have run many sets of bridgestone at's over the years. i am presently running my first set of bfgatko's 2657017 range e tires on my taco. had always heard good things about them. they seem to perform just as good as the revos. i like the 10 ply tires and the little exta lift. i dont like the 1-3 mpg lost. only lost 1 mpg with the revos. there are lots of good tires out there.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
Saskamoose is on a distinguished road
Name: Christian
Saskamoose's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if they're better than the REVO's but you should check out the Michelin LTX MS/2 if you're comparison shopping AT tires. They are very well reviewed and I have been extremely pleased with the handling and road noise since I installed mine. Haven't tried em in snow yet, hope we get at least another month before I get that chance.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Had them on my ranger liked them a lot, I have the stock bridgestones on my 2012 and they do suck.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #14
zzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zzchipster's Tacoma Gallery
i drove my 2008 taco from the stealership to the tire store and put revos on.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #15
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
The do fairly well in rain and snow. I loved them when I first got them, but they do wear out fairly quick and for the price, there are better tires IMO. I've got 25,000 miles on my set and their probably 60% worn. I won't be putting another set on once these wear out.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #16
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Great tire. I had them on my first Gen and found them to handle all driving conditions very well. They did however decrease my fuel economy. I will be getting a set when my stockers wear out unless I have a bad experience this winter it may be sooner.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #18
rclangelan is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rclangelan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
I got 75000 miles out of them.
That's really good. Mine started looking tired at about 50k. How often did you rotate? I rotated every 10k. Perhaps more frequent rotations would increase life.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #19
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my old Durango and they were a great tire in most conditions. Think I only got like 40K out of them.

For the money, I would go elsewhere.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #20
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
have 25.000 pl miles on mine and the tire is at 8/32s
great tire wet/ snow no noise