Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Paint Peeling. Anyone else having this issue?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #41
NRA Benefactor Member
LTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the rough

LTE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
get another quote...
I got 7 quotes. $700 is the lowest, the highest was a grand.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #42
Allen102 is on a distinguished road
Allen102's Tacoma Gallery
Never mind the paint, somebody stuck a quarter on your hood !
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #43
NRA Benefactor Member
LTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the rough

LTE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen102 View Post
Never mind the paint, somebody stuck a quarter on your hood !
I'd pull it off but I'm afraid it might pull the paint off!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #44
MotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura about
Name: Austin
MotorsportsAustin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTE View Post
Got the word from Lentz's office today.

They said they won't help me.

They said they took serveral factors into consideration and the Toyota rep denied wanting to look at my truck. I told her to call them back and have them look at it. She refused.

After a few minutes of this, I finally told her that I am getting ready to buy a new truck in a year or so and asked her "What brand truck shoud I buy next?"

She then immediately told me that she was sorry that she lost me as a customer. I told her that she had the power to help me but is refusing to do so. She said that she was ending the call at that time because there was nothing more to say.

I asked for he supervisor or Jim Lentz. She said that Mr Lentz doesn't interface with customers.

After that, she hung up.

Looking forward to the day I by a Ford F150.

Wow. It's amazing how crappy Toyota's product support is, I'm experiencing it too. Conversely, Nissan's been fantastic for my wife's car.

You could send them a copy of your next truck's bill or sale and bullet points of why.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #45
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
they dont care. the truck is out of warranty. its not their problem.

this is not a "toyota" issue, its owning a car issue. it happens to VWs, Fords, practically every car out there.

its never happened to any of my vehicles before (one of which i owned for 225,000mi) but i would not be surprised if it does, esp if the car is parked outside its whole life. your only insurance is waxing regularly.

if it bugs someone enough, gotta the bullet and get it re-sprayed. do the prep work yourself and cut down on the labor if its too much $. this is no different than a mechanical repair. ***t breaks.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #47
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
I took my truck to Maaco. Two stage paint job. Looks factory good, color matches, and it wasn't expensive! And it has a good warranty!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #48
NRA Benefactor Member

LTE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
OP where are you located? I'll sell you my hood if you're local
Thanks for the offer, but I already got the hood repainted. They did an excellant job feathering and blending the new to the old. Plus they gave me a warranty for as long as I own the truck.