Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Put money into the truck... or buy an ATV...

View Poll Results: ATV or Mods
Mods 21 26.92%
Can-am 800 57 73.08%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Put money into the truck... or buy an ATV...

So Iv got some spending money and I cant decide whether to buy new wheels, tires and some other stuff or buy a used Can Am 800.

Winters just around the corner and it would be nice to have an atv for playing in the snow. But at the same time would be nice to have new tires.

My tires have lots of life left on them as it is and will easily last another season or two and the other mods would be sweet, but purely for looks.

What would you do? Quad or Mods?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
i'd get the atv, just not a can-am lol.... what are you gonna use more or enjoy more?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i voted for atv as well. if you are going just for looks on your truck then get some 5100's because they are less expensive and give a decent lift. and then get the ATV
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you need tires get tires. Only get a quad if you have someone to ride with.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
whipper makes a good point. plus i personally enjoy laughing at the guy who rides in with a bag and a pad and i was able to wheel in and bring a tent and a bbq. . . . and lots of beer

make the truck perform like a trail quad, enjoy the benifits of a big space designed for hauling things
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Zombie Hunter.
evanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
evanwile's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what you want to do with the truck, and what you want to use an ATV for.

If you are mostly highway driving, or packing the miles on your truck and dont want to loose you mileage and go big on mods then my vote goes for the atv.

Another plus for having an ATV is that you can bag the ish out of it, roll it, tackle some tough obstables and not be out all that much money if you mess it up... on the other hand, roll your truck and you will be crying your eyes out.

I personally have an ATV and the truck. I mod my truck but not to the extent that it would be able to go places I take my quad.

Good luck.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
I had the 800 Renegade... LOVED it! Will be buying a 1000 down the road.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Polaris Ranger Xp.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
ATV all the way man.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #13
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get a quad, is it a racing quad? Those are a blast, my friend has a Honda 400EX and it is about to convert me into a quad rider, been riding bikes all my life but am starting to lean more toward quads. Contemplating selling my CRF to buy a quad this spring actually.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are crazy. I bet you spend a lot more time in your taco than you would on an ATV.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
My dad bought a polaris with big plans to do just as you said. its a 2009/10(can't remember) with 13 hours on it.

Think hard before purchase...lol

I'm thinking I may snag it this weekend and put some hours on it.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If you need tires get tires. Only get a quad if you have someone to ride with.
I had a 400 ex and loved it. My friend bought his at the same time/place and we rode the hell out of them, that is until he had to move out of state for his job. Then mine set for about a year with me only getting it out to run it from time to time so the carb wouldn't gunk up. Finally sold it due to none use and needing the $. Point is get it if you plan to use it and preferably if you have someone to ride with.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
You guys are crazy. I bet you spend a lot more time in your taco than you would on an ATV.
Depends on the time of year really, summertime I am on 2 wheels all the time. Nice thing about quads is that you don't have to be nervous about taking them into the sticks and getting some trail damage, not to mention there are so many more ATV and motorcycle trails to choose from in many places. Lots of the full size 4x4 trails around here are getting closed or turned into ATV trails. Soon they will be too narrow to drive a fullsize down.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
new outlander 1000
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
The one with the most toys at the end of life wins.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #20
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
So Iv got some spending money...
what amount of money are you speaking of?