Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LCA Ball Joints/Hydraulic Press

Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
When I Jack my truck up the cams don't move at all
They shouldn't. Loosen the nut and see if the bolt will spin inside of the LCA bushing (mark the alignment tabs to the frame to make sure you don't mess up your alignment in the process). Honestly, unless you have a reason to replace the bushings, I wouldn't mess with it just yet unless you can get the bolts out, grease them, then reinstall them. If the bushings are still good, it doesn't matter if they're rusted in or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Mine are still pretty for 110k

Is that a stress crack on the LCA in the pic?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Amount of rust.....

ahahahahaha your screwed

Old 10-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #23
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha noticed it too, went out to check and no crack
I want to gusset them if I pull them off

make sure and gusset the real failure point

Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #24
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
also another option, but not sure if anyone here has done them... I could not find these when I rebuilt my lca's

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=8.3128
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

kinda looks like it
Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #26
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
also another option, but not sure if anyone here has done them... I could not find these when I rebuilt my lca's

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=8.3128
Damn... I would have given them a shot!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn... I would have given them a shot!

you and me both buddy... I searched for days and days...

I just saw these on another forum a month ago
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #28
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They shouldn't. Loosen the nut and see if the bolt will spin inside of the LCA bushing (mark the alignment tabs to the frame to make sure you don't mess up your alignment in the process). Honestly, unless you have a reason to replace the bushings, I wouldn't mess with it just yet unless you can get the bolts out, grease them, then reinstall them. If the bushings are still good, it doesn't matter if they're rusted in or not.

That's just a seem
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #29

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That's just a seem
So a stress crack in the making

Quote:
Well I am glad I saw these lol
If you get them, post up your review. I'd be curious to see how they hold up and they've got to be easier to install. The metal bushings were a little tough to press into the rusty LCA.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
nope. nut comes right off bolt. bolt is seized to sleeve. bolt should not spin so if you apply torque to only the bolt then you are correct.
Quote:

i went outside and set my tq wrench to 100 lbs and the one with back ones tightened some...the front ones were able to spin in the sleeve without moving the cam tab....so i hope im fine? lol
Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #31

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
i went outside and set my tq wrench to 100 lbs and the one with back ones tightened some...the front ones were able to spin in the sleeve without moving the cam tab....so i hope im fine? lol
Sounds like you're fine. For comparison, I had a box wrench on mine with a 4' pipe and mine wouldn't budge. I could get the nuts off but that was it, the bolts wouldn't spin inside the sleeves.