Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

List of Mods I am interested in

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Krinitt is on a distinguished road
Krinitt's Tacoma Gallery
List of Mods I am interested in

Hey everybody, I'm obviously new to this site and have a few questions. I have a 2012 Tacoma TX TRD (2WD). I'm looking for a few mods and would like to get a gew people's input on which manufacturer makes good quality yet affordable parts for my truck. Here's a list:

Suspension- Looking to raise it 4 or 6 inches. 1.5 or 3 inches just seems like a waste to me.

Exhaust- Looking for an aggressive sound. No honda rice rocket sounding things :P

Tires- Looking for the widest and biggest tires i could put on with the 4 or 6 inch lift.

Rims- I currently have the new black TRD rims which i think are sweet but I'm afraid they might be too small with the lift. I'm not lookin to throw some music video 22's on my truck. Anything under 20".I believe they are currently 16 inches.

Lighting: I've already smoked my tail lights. some smoked or dark colored LED headlights would be sick.
CAI- I heard that for this model tacoma you have to modify the cai and place it in front of the radiator. Is this true, If so what brand makes the best cai for my truck?

Lastly, Where can i find the toyota factory roof racks?? Ive looked online but NONE are exactly like the ones you would get from a dealership! >:|

I live in Bakersfield, CA, and I spend my weekends in LA, so if you can refer to a shop or business in those areas that would be great. I'm open to buying online as well though
I know this is a lot, but I would appreciate any input anyone has to say. Thanks,

-Erik

Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Krinitt is on a distinguished road
Krinitt's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this site wasn't for fucking retards.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinitt View Post
Hey everybody, I'm obviously new to this site and have a few questions. I have a 2012 Tacoma TX TRD (2WD). I'm looking for a few mods and would like to get a gew people's input on which manufacturer makes good quality yet affordable parts for my truck. Here's a list:

Suspension- Looking to raise it 4 or 6 inches. 1.5 or 3 inches just seems like a waste to me.

Since you have a Prerunner, you can go with lift spindles for the front. That will allow you to retain the factory ride and UCA's but will lift the front 4". It also gives it a nice stance. For the rear, you could do either a 2" AAL or replacement leaf pack. I guess that part depends on if you want it to sit level or still have some rake.

Exhaust- Looking for an aggressive sound. No honda rice rocket sounding things :P

Check out youtube clips and decide for yourself which exhaust sounds best to you. Asking for opinions on exhaust sounds over the internet won't really do you any good as you're the one who has to live with it. Some popular choices are the TRD exhaust, Magnaflow, Banks, Borla and Gibson.

Tires- Looking for the widest and biggest tires i could put on with the 4 or 6 inch lift.

Rims- I currently have the new black TRD rims which i think are sweet but I'm afraid they might be too small with the lift. I'm not lookin to throw some music video 22's on my truck. Anything under 20".I believe they are currently 16 inches.

Lighting: I've already smoked my tail lights. some smoked or dark colored LED headlights would be sick.

Look into the black headlight mod and retrofits. If you retrofit projectors into the stock housing, you'll get great lighting and can black out the entire housing, reflector included. As far as form and function, this is the best bang for your buck in my opinion.

CAI- I heard that for this model tacoma you have to modify the cai and place it in front of the radiator. Is this true, If so what brand makes the best cai for my truck?

I think the CAI you're referring to is the URD cold air intake. It has a tube that sucks air in from in front of the radiator. The TRD intake pulls from the same location as the stock intake. Honestly, I'd save my money in this department and just go with a better drop in filter. If you really want the CAI, the first gen TRD, AFE Stage 2Si, Volant and URD will be your best choices.

Lastly, Where can i find the toyota factory roof racks?? Ive looked online but NONE are exactly like the ones you would get from a dealership! >:|

Ebay

I live in Bakersfield, CA, and I spend my weekends in LA, so if you can refer to a shop or business in those areas that would be great. I'm open to buying online as well though
I know this is a lot, but I would appreciate any input anyone has to say. Thanks,

-Erik
See responses in bold. I skipped the wheels and tires, not really my thing...

These threads might help you also:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ights-how.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...e-posting.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

-Erik
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ce-thread.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...eel-specs.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lack-rims.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...res-tires.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...oof-racks.html

That ought to get you started

Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Nice James! You're gettin the hang of things around here pretty quickly

Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
I thought this thread was going to be a lot weirder.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That last link is for 1st Gen Tacomas

Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That last link is for 1st Gen Tacomas
I was just grabbing what I could find

Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #10

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Nice James! You're gettin the hang of things around here pretty quickly

I do a LOT of reading....I am just chillin in Afghan land waiting for my 30 days to be up so I can go home and play with the taco

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTacoNoob View Post
I do a LOT of reading....I am just chillin in Afghan land waiting for my 30 days to be up so I can go home and play with the taco
Thank you for serving our country man!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2, Thank you!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

-Erik
Fabtech 6 inch lift, 18 in XD hoss wheels, 35 inch BFG Mud Terrains, MBRP cat back dual exhaust, URD true cold air intake, roof rack at trdparts4u.com

Brap city bitch, brap brap city bitch

Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at my build, it could give you a route to take.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #15

Army:
Quote:
Well I wish I could say that I was still in but got medded out back in 08' i am a contractor and working with the US Embassy...but still contributing to the fight!!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahaha what a douche

Irony, how does it work?

For reference, he was making a joke. The joke was that your thread title could be interpreted as a list of moderators you were interested in - thus weird. HA HA. Good job flying off the handle before thinking.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
hahaha what a douche

Irony, how does it work?

Wow, I missed the OP's response... sounds like he won't be around for long

Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Great 2nd post man. Hahahaha
In all reality though, there's nothing wrong with a 3 inch lift and you can put 33's under it which is what most guys do. Truck gets a little tip happy being up that high.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #19
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #20
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah and for the actual OP.

http://youtu.be/K5sXSix359M

Closed Thread