Notices

Fuel light question

Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Saskamoose is on a distinguished road
Name: Christian
Saskamoose's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel light question

Hey TW,

I searched for this but didn't find an answer. I've used enough gas to trigger the fuel light for the first time since I bought the truck. I'm just wondering what kind of fuel light it is. I've had vehicles were it meant stop for gas in the next 100km or so and I've had vehicles were it meant find gas A.S.A.P. I don't intend to push my luck, i'ts just a good thing to know.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Thank you Christian.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Banned
shemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to behold
shemp's Tacoma Gallery
I've gone over 100 MILES (160 km) with the low fuel light on. 4-cyl though, you probably can't go quite that far.

It turns on at about or just over 60 L down from the top, capacity is 80. 20L @ 8.8L/100km=227.27 km *in theory*.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I always have 12-15 litres remaining in the tank when I fill up when the light comes on
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I rarely let the light come on. I fill at 1/4 tank.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
mine came on just as i pulled in to fill up...truck still had 4 gal in the tank
Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Just as I pulled into the station, the gas light came on. Turns out I had 4 gal left in the tank.

Light comes on = 4 gal left.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
Just as I pulled into the station, the gas light came on. Turns out I had 4 gal left in the tank.

Light comes on = 4 gal left.

x avg 16 miles per gallon equal 64 miles.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wanted to try this.. http://tankonempty.com/viewcar/Toyota/Tacoma , to see how much you can get once that light turns on. However it will prolly just end up as an epic fail.

Those stats cant be reliable considering they haven't accounted for every variable (4cyl or v6, auto or manual, year, etc).
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
There's a light?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
I checked my #'s as I was filling today. I had about 15 liters left in the tank and I probably burned one or two since the light went on. That would probably be good for 50-70km of driving depending on conditions and whatnot. Not a bad safety net.