Notices

Tonneau Help

Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
FFMast is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Sean
FFMast's Tacoma Gallery
Question Tonneau Help

Im looking to get a roll-up soft top. Anybody have any recommendations?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Access makes some nice roll up covers. Majority of the roll up cover make you take the utili-trax rails off. So if you like them or use them, I would suggest a tri-fold. I have the Extang trifold and I like it.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
pmbazus is on a distinguished road
pmbazus's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Access Original Roll Up. It is a great cover. I am very happy with it. I never thought I would like a soft cover but the Access Original Roll Up changed my mind.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Firefighter:
FFMast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdavert View Post
Access makes some nice roll up covers. Majority of the roll up cover make you take the utili-trax rails off. So if you like them or use them, I would suggest a tri-fold. I have the Extang trifold and I like it.
I did not know this. They do not state this on the websites I looked at. I frequently use the utilitrac system so this would be a great disadvantage. I was pretty much sold on the Access limited, but now I will have to look again to see if this is the case. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Firefighter:
FFMast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbazus View Post
I have the Access Original Roll Up. It is a great cover. I am very happy with it. I never thought I would like a soft cover but the Access Original Roll Up changed my mind.
Did you have to take off your utilitrac?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Access Lite Rider tonneau cover. Easy installation and easy one person roll up and back. I'm happy with the versatility and quality of it. Here's a picture.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
The access literider here too. And no, you don't need to take the utility rails off. Once this is installed you still have full use of the tie down cleats on both sides and the cab rail.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not true, plus with the tri fold don't you lose bed space? At least unless you take it all the way off. The roll ups don't cost you bed space at all.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the Access for 3 years now. Love it.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Access makes great covers; I've had the Literider for about 4 years now.

Quote:
Unless you mean, take them off as in just to install them and then put them back on, then you're wrong as others have said. Yes, you take them off but they are put back on and used as normal.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
DesertSand has a spectacular aura aboutDesertSand has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard:
DesertSand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota4Whelz View Post
check out truxedo.com..they make great covers..jus picked up a new truxport cover from them n its great installs in 30 mins tops
Do you have pic of the truxport on your yota?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I also have an access tonneau that works with the rail system. It's a great product and is a good price.