1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dealership fiasco!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by codybuehler, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Oct 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    codybuehler

codybuehler [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    I have a 2011 with just under 33k. Yesterday the battery trouble light came on and stayed on. I looked at my manual and it said that meant issues with the charging system and to call the dealership. When I called my local dealership, the earliest they said they could look at it was next Thursday.

Today, I was on the road for about 10 minutes, and all my warning lights lit up, the gauges started failing down and the radio kicked off. The truck died at a red light. I called the dealership and they gave me the number for the Toyota Roadside assistance. I sat for almost an hour waiting for the tow truck to show up. As far as I know, my truck is sitting at the dealership. I didn't call to make sure it had gotten there. Another wonderful part of this is my windows were part way down. There wasn't enough battery power to roll them up.

The most checking in I did was when the roll-back took my truck away, I called to tell them who I was, and that my truck was on it's way. I told them my windows were down and needed rolled up (the forecast is calling for rain tonight and tomorrow). Fingers crossed the guy on the phone didn't forget to roll them up.

Now that I rambled/vented a bit, is it normal to have to wait 6 days just to get a truck looked at? I am going to call tomorrow to hopefully get some clarification as to what's going on/make sure my truck is there/see when it is getting looked at.

Thanks for hanging in there. I'm sure some people can relate to this frustration!

Cheers.

2. Oct 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    instead of calling the dealership, i would have called an independent shop. probably look at it right away and not try to completely rape you in the process...just some light over the clothes touching.

3. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd off-road dcsb mt
    I would say not. They giving you a loaner, tell them you need a truck, thats what you have.

4. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    codybuehler

codybuehler [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    I tried that. I think the exact line was "we don't have any truck loaners, only cars". Do they not know it's deer season??

Also, it's all covered under warranty. If I have to pay a dime, it's not going to be good. :)

5. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail
    LED light swap, TRD wheels, KO2s, C4Fab lo-pro
    I would visit the stealership in person to get stuff straight. (and check your windows)

6. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    rmahoney2013

rmahoney2013 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    California
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue Tacoma
    i had that same problem with my truck.. but mine is an 08. It is most likely a blown ignition fuse. That will cause the computer to malfunction and turn on all the warning lights.. Good luck with the fix!

7. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    4banger09

4banger09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Nb, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Access cab 4cyl
    Leveled
    This happened to an old Honda civic I had it turned out to be a shitty alternator,

8. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    You think the tow truck driver would have rolled your windows up with his jump pack.

9. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    ssmith29440

ssmith29440 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TxPro Trd
    If you dont get satisfaction from the dealer, call toyota headquarters. They will assist you and contact the dealership. Best thing is they will followup on the situation and stay in contact with you. I have called them twice and was pleased with the results. Good luck.

10. Oct 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    Did you check if you still had a belt? Sound like alternator troubles if you do.

11. Oct 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I would never ask a dealer when they could look at it.

I would just drive up and say look at it now.

Make up some BS that your wife is due with a baby this week or something. At least next time you can do this.

But anyway that sounds exactly like and alternator not working either no belt or it is shot.

12. Oct 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    The two times I had my previous cars break down (once for a popped ball joint, the other for transmission failure), I rode in the tow truck to the dealer.

13. Oct 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    In reading your title, I was expecting some long tale of how this dealership had screwed you over...the only fiasco I see is you not finding out what's going on with your truck.

Get to the dealer and get the scoop...they're apparently not going to chase you down to let you know.

14. Oct 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    4banger09

4banger09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Nb, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Access cab 4cyl
    Leveled
    Some people make a profession out of it

15. Oct 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Why on earth would you not go to the dealership yourself? I would want to make sure my ride was taken care of and not leave it up to someone else.

16. Oct 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    Failure2Comply

Failure2Comply Old HVACR Tech

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Off Road TRD/SR5
    I too would call the headquarters, they are much more concerned about corporate image than the local dealer. I would be polite but express my dissatisfaction with the response of the local dealer while talking about just how GREAT Toyota products are. :D

Coat them with Honey, and then go for the kill. ;)

17. Oct 6, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    x2

The only time you call for an appointment is for non-emergencies.
    If a light comes on, you need to take it in...now. They will make room for you, If they send you away at that point, it's on them.

But get your ass down there to show them it is important to you. Over the phone shows a lack of caring to them.

And they are not going to give you a truck loaner to go deer hunting, I would leave that part out.

18. Oct 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    What dealer Cody?

Products Discussed in

To Top