Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 owners - what are you doing to get SAT radio?

Old 10-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
2013 owners - what are you doing to get SAT radio?

Just picked up my 2013. Like everything except the fact that it does NOT have SAT radio. What the heck was Toyota thinking when they changed radios?

Anyway.....for those 2013 owners WITHOUT SAT ......how will you be adding SAT radio? I know there are a lot of options out there.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Krysstoffurr is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Krysstoffurr's Tacoma Gallery
bluetooth + pandora on my phone usually
Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
batchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nice

Name: Jameel
batchelor22's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for asking this, was wondering the same thing. Is it a dealer installed option with the new head unit??
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelor22 View Post
Thanks for asking this, was wondering the same thing. Is it a dealer installed option with the new head unit??
I asked that at the dealer when I purchased the truck.
They told me NO it can't be added. But I will try to see if that answer is correct or the guy at the dealer just did not know
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Why not just get an XM vehicle kit.
http://shop.siriusxm.com/edealinv/se...ParentID=59295

You set the Tacoma radio to a channel and use the XM through the in dash radio. You can move it from vehicle to vehicle and have just one subscription.
Use a pro clip mount to holdit in place on the dash or windshild.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
carguysc is a jewel in the roughcarguysc is a jewel in the roughcarguysc is a jewel in the rough
carguysc's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota does not have a kit available for the display radios that don't include it from the factory...We have been dealing with this since this time last year when the Camry was first released. I hope they come up with something down the road but at this time there is nothing. I'm sure you could use a FM modulated kit.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
Why not just get an XM vehicle kit.
http://shop.siriusxm.com/edealinv/se...ParentID=59295

You set the Tacoma radio to a channel and use the XM through the in dash radio. You can move it from vehicle to vehicle and have just one subscription.
Use a pro clip mount to holdit in place on the dash or windshild.

Those suck so much ass.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
Those suck so much ass.

I've never had an in dash XM radio just used one of the units you can move from car to car, never had any problems. The one I'm using now has nice features, I can program it to "beep" any time a favorite song or band plays on any xm channel.
Plus it's better then having to listen to local douche DJs ramble on and can still listen to it any where you are.