Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pop lock, manual version

Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Pop lock, manual version

I have read a few threads here on pop lock tail gate locks,

My 2012 has the tail gate handle camera, I want to use the keyed lock, not key fob mod version, I have read that the camera gets shifted to the other side of handle?

How bad is the angle when it's moved?

Do they make an upgraded version or only 1 manual type?

Thanks

I have a fiberglass tonneau cover and when gate is closed and tonneau is closed how do thieves get the tail gate down? Seems like the lip on mine won't let it down?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The angle is fine. It is the same as stock but a little more to the left.

There are 2 manual types. One for the camera and one without it.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Broseph Stalin will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Broseph Stalin's Tacoma Gallery
you can barely notice i difference, its made really well
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, gettin the camera 1. At amazon
Old 10-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #6

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry Christian

Sorry. Whipper snapper I saw your link after I placed my order, next time
Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
You won't regret it.. It isn't noticeable on the camera and locking the gate will give you peace of mind..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
handle is harder to operate and mine is showing wear marks from use after only 3 months...however it's good to have and the angle isn't changed much
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
I found the same thing about it being harder to operate.. I used dry graphite powder on everything and it is much better now.