Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Recall

Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
I'd rather have a truck with all the above problems that will run forever than a car without those problems that will need a new engine after 140k. Especially with the cost of German parts...

I had to replace the engine head on my MKV and it ended costing over $7700. Thank goodness for insurance, otherwise, I'd still be paying that off.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Doesn't anyone know anything? The perfect car is out there!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
lucky if i have 30,000 on it before i get rid of it, so not to worried about it. i don't keep them any longer than the warranty
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have one, but he hates cars Ha Ha Ha. But I do have a 5 and 8 year old
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
I wasn't bitching about my truck at all. Just the quality and craftsmanship. So everyone can stop leaving little recall notices. I got rid of mine because for a compact truck it got the most crappiest gas mileage I have ever seen. Squeaks even after the TSB, steering wheel shake, blower motor squeak, crappy seats and very uncomfortable. And the plastic they use on the inside dirties and stains way to easy. Run forever though
But... "I wasn't bitching about my truck at all."

just messin with ya.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Oh dear. I think I'll keep my shortened gas pedal fourth spring truck thankyouverymuch.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #29
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Some parts suppliers aren't living up to their promises and all makes are victim to these idiots.

Take the 1987 Buick Grand National and specifically the GNX (because of it's turbos ceramic impeller blade) the vendor that manufactured the exhaust headers did not deburr the slag from their welds as specified and after so many heat cycles these pieces of slag would break off and shoot through the turbo breaking the blades.

It's all a crap shoot.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
tacoma1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
tacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Its a fuckin window switch they didnt grease. Thats all. Love the guys that say thats why i wouldnt buy another Toyota or why i have a Jetta. Really?? LOL. I drove and sold Chevys for long time. I still sell chevy, except i sell every make and model now used. I will say this is my first Toyota and it is the BEST truck i have ever owned!!! PERIOD. TOYOTA RULES!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #31
Banned
shemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to behold
shemp's Tacoma Gallery
My god. There haven't BEEN any fires, its just a crappy switch. Worst that is going to happen with this one is your window might not go down. The recall is to deal with the 1 in 10 million chance that ONE of these switches heats up and ignites.

This is the sequence of events that has to happen for one of these switches to set on fire;

1) push button, window doesn't move up or down.
2) inside the switch, there is some continuity to the circuit, but not complete. Contact begins generating heat.
3) because the window isn't moving, idiot behind wheel KEEPS PRESSING THE SWITCH.
4) smoke starts coming out of switch.
5) idiot STILL DOESN'T GET IT -- switch is broken... keeps holding the switch despite the smoke pouring out of it.
6) 20 minutes later while idiot behind wheel is wheezing and gagging on plastic smoke (and for unknown reason, base of switch doesn't melt off and solve this problem), heat finally is high enough to ignite.

Darwin: 1
Idiot: 0
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #32
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
Makes you wonder what else we are in store for. Sadly it's not just Toyota. Every brand of manufacturing has gone the cheap route over the last decade. It's normal.

I know a guy who drives his lease VW's with no fluid changes. He got 42k out of the last lease before it was time for a new one. The oil actually didn't look so bad for being the factory fill. I was expecting very very dark. He always asks about free oil changes and they always say no. He's an ass, but at the same time I don't blame him. If I was renting a car I wouldn't care for it either except the paint and interior obviously.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #33
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Doesn't anyone know anything? The perfect car is out there!
Good thought here... what is the perfect car this year? Which vehicle has the best repair ratings and the best owner ratings?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #34
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Darwin: 1
Idiot: 0
Haha

You're banned
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #35
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Haha

You're banned
Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #36
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
According to this Reddit thread, this is what a burnt switch looks like. Apparently the current draw when burning is not enough to trip the fuse:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledin...ndow_switches/

Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #37
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 6 speed manual.
OH my God be very careful of what you put in it for fuel. I owned a TDI drove it 220K miles loved it but with out a doubt it was the most expensive car I ever owned to maintain. I spent more money on it then every Toyota I ever owned put together by a factor of 4.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #38
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnR View Post
Good thought here... what is the perfect car this year? Which vehicle has the best repair ratings and the best owner ratings?
Scion.