Notices

2012 DASH KIT. . .FINALLY!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
TevisAaron is on a distinguished road
Name: Tevis
TevisAaron's Tacoma Gallery
2012 DASH KIT. . .FINALLY!!!

YES! Although I didn't really want a metra kit, they finally have one available for the 2012's Taco's so I went to my local stereo company on Friday and they had the parts in on Tuesday. I got a Pioneer head unit and kept factory JBL speakers. Everything looks/works/and sounds great. After a year I finally got a new head unit. SO Happy!! (:

I've posted a picture of a before/after.

Let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
2012 DASH KIT. . .FINALLY!!!-teevscreen.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Laplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant future
Laplataninja's Tacoma Gallery
Does the Bluetooth still work ? And the factory USB ?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
det1t is on a distinguished road
Name: Ted
det1t's Tacoma Gallery
What about XM?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplataninja View Post
Does the Bluetooth still work ? And the factory USB ?
The head unit features bluetooth on its own, so the steering wheel controls for bluetooth don't work. (I don't think they do anyway). . I haven't set my phone up with it yet but when I tried using the bluetooth steering wheel controls earlier nothing happened.
The factory USB does not work anymore, but that doesn't bother me because I stream my music via Bluetooth when I'm in the truck anyway. The head unit also offers its own USB and AUX ports..
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by det1t View Post
What about XM?
You cannot retain factory XM, so all I had to do was swap the old XM ID to my new one and it works fine.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my non entune 2012 had "factory jbl speakers"....
Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a noticeable improvement in sound quality even though you retained the factory speakers?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookin View Post
Is there a noticeable improvement in sound quality even though you retained the factory speakers?
To me, the sound is about the same if not a tad bit better! The only major difference I can tell is in the bass. It has good bass before but now it can get pretty crazy (in a good way)! Even set to 0 or +1 the bass is perfect.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
08navytrd is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN1(EXW/SW) Engineman 1st class
Name: Kenneth
08navytrd's Tacoma Gallery
would you be interested in parting with your old stereo parts?? IE usb/aux hook up?? looks awesome by the way
Old 10-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #15
Signcutter21 is on a distinguished road
Signcutter21's Tacoma Gallery
looks great. I just ordered mine yesterday. Still deciding which head unit i want. Really like the Pioneer 140, but damn the $$$$.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #16
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Pioneer 2400bt installed and the JBL sound does NOT sound as good as it did before the mod. I'm not sure how to "fix" this if it needs fixing. The volume with the stock head unit was louder and clearer than now.

I like the radio except for it seems the volume went way down. I can barely hear music if I drive with the windows down on the highway. Girlfriend says the same thing and she doesn't listen to music loud.

Any suggestions? I know it can be louder than now.

As for the steering wheel audio control, I had the harness/interface that allowed the new head unit to work with it.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signcutter21 View Post
looks great. I just ordered mine yesterday. Still deciding which head unit i want. Really like the Pioneer 140, but damn the $$$$.
That's exactly what I said (about the money). I mean, I almost went with it, but this head unit has all I need and it was only $350. I'm not really into alot of the technical stuff, I just love the look of a screen and I'm so happy to finally have it.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
I had the Pioneer 2400bt installed and the JBL sound does NOT sound as good as it did before the mod. I'm not sure how to "fix" this if it needs fixing. The volume with the stock head unit was louder and clearer than now.

I like the radio except for it seems the volume went way down. I can barely hear music if I drive with the windows down on the highway. Girlfriend says the same thing and she doesn't listen to music loud.

Any suggestions? I know it can be louder than now.

As for the steering wheel audio control, I had the harness/interface that allowed the new head unit to work with it.
My audio controls work (volume/track/etc) but my bluetooth buttons don't.

As for the sound, I just toyed around with it for a little while. Not sure what's happening with your radio. Not sure if you're referring to standard radio or XM but my XM radio comes in perfectly. With my stock unit, I normally listened to the radio at around volume 25 or 30. With the new head unit I can turn it up to 10 and it sounds great and is loud, crisp, and clear.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #19
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man! What are you going to do with all the factory stuff?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #20
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TevisAaron View Post
My audio controls work (volume/track/etc) but my bluetooth buttons don't.

As for the sound, I just toyed around with it for a little while. Not sure what's happening with your radio. Not sure if you're referring to standard radio or XM but my XM radio comes in perfectly. With my stock unit, I normally listened to the radio at around volume 25 or 30. With the new head unit I can turn it up to 10 and it sounds great and is loud, crisp, and clear.
Any source. Radio, Pandora, Aux, iPod, etc.

But you only need to turn up 10? Wow! I go all the way up to 30-40. Could be wired or grounded incorrectly. You used the same amp, too?

Products Discussed in this Thread