Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma T-Force?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Norville is on a distinguished road
Name: Art
Norville's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma T-Force?

This came across my Google alerts and thought I'd pass it along. Just minor, but Tacoma related at the bottom of the post.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/carsandtru...acoma-t-force/
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of this package, but that light-bar in the bed is killer! Reminds me of the 80s Back to the Future Toyota Pickup! I want said light-bar!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
There's a Tundra T-Force package here in TX (so I'm assuming Gulf States Toyota Region). It's all appearance package... black and white.

Tacoma T-Force I must admint: I like the bed lightbar....
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
you can tell the 2nd gen is near the end of it's lifecycle because they are trying to throw a bunch of factory mods on to increase sales...baja, limited, t-force???
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Probably a crappy dealer package.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Basically a TX Pro with an NFab light bar up front and some fake roll bar in the bed...
Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I like the way it looks. I bet the skid plate buckles on the first obstacle.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I like the way it looks. I bet the skid plate buckles on the first obstacle.
Quoted for Truth
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
you can tell the 2nd gen is near the end of it's lifecycle because they are trying to throw a bunch of factory mods on to increase sales...baja, limited, t-force???
^Bingo. I can't wait to see what's next!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
I love the artical..... especially the part where the raptor has about 150 more horse power but 500lbs less towing capacity.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting tired of this shit! Toyota Playing us like fools with superficial "special additions" that are 99% stock equipment... The writer telling us "electronic 4WD" and "electronic front diff" and electronic that... get the fuck outa he'e!... a 36K truck with useless dumb extras...

Give us: manual Transfer case with a lever, More metal on the frame like our cool cousin, better belly plates and bigger brakes.... and a stronger rear diff...

THEN I'll be giggling to the showroom...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Yup yup we have the T Force Tundra in Mississippi market as well. It is SWEET! It may be my next ride and sure would have been had one been available when I bought my taco.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilux30 View Post
I'm getting tired of this shit! Toyota Playing us like fools with superficial "special additions" that are 99% stock equipment... The writer telling us "electronic 4WD" and "electronic front diff" and electronic that... get the fuck outa he'e!... a 36K truck with useless dumb extras...
You realize you don't have to buy it, right? It's actually smart marketing by Toyota. We all know it's just an over-priced accessorized SR5 4x4 but average Joe probably doesn't. He just wants a new truck with lots of bling so Toyota gives him several to choose from. Like PT Barnum said...
Now, about your avatar - do you play?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #16

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
The point I was trying to get across that I see today less of an appeal to go all out on a Tacoma or Even a tundra. But that's my interpretation and not forcing it on anyone by any means.
Take for instance the Tundra. You can get the 4.10 gears on some HD package that is (correct me if I'm wrong) available on regular SR5 but not on the S. editions. 4.10s are great if one's going bigger tires.
As far is the tacos, when I trade in my AC to a 4dr, I'm not going the TRD with locker or LSD set-up, it's a bit easier to mod a base SR5 4x4 since everything is getting swapped and locked anyways. ..
Old 10-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I think toyota needs to take a step back with its gen3 line.

Look at what worked in gen1. Look at what didnt in gen2, then make it beefier for gen3.

And hire a spokesman, because Mike Rowe is pretty convincing. Maybe Neil Degrasse Tyson.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #18

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota PR: The 3rd gen should include, and aside from the styling and Direct injection that is coming for sure:

1. Stronger, more corrosion resistant frame (a must).
2. Towing package option with lower gears, but stronger diffs all across line.
3. longer lasting stronger bearings and better drive-shaft designs.
4. Manual transfer case or stronger servo motors that work in cold situations.
5. Brakes, front is great but overwhelmed. larger Rear drums or big disks with central Parking brake (land cruiser rear).

that I will pay 36k for..
Old 10-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #19

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
...Now, about your avatar - do you play?
Yes i do, not lately as i live in apartment, looking for house so more freedom in noise generation..