Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

installing sirius on stock touch screen radio

Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #22
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgillespie View Post
It came 2 days after I ordered it, I just have to get time to get it installed now. Very fast shipping.
I'm Excited for your review. Can you post pics?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully Friday afternoon is going to be good for install, finally getting a break in schedule.... I will post as soon as its going
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully Friday afternoon is going to be good for install, finally getting a break in schedule.... I will post as soon as its going
Awesome. You're the test mule for the group
Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #25

Got it installed today, took less then an hour. The antenna is tucked in the corner of the dash and hidden under my dash mat. The interface is the same as all other modes. Its very easy to use, the same as operating the radio. Overall it cost me exactly $400.00. So far I'm very satisfied with everything.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #26
nocents82 is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
nocents82's Tacoma Gallery
nice! can you post the part # for the audiovox unit?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocents82 View Post

When I called vaistech, they knew what to pair with their receiver. I'm loving it!!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
Quote:

SL3x SoundLinQ3 XM Satellite interface adaptor for Toyota

CNP2000UCA for the Audiovox unit
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #29

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome.
Do you get a SAT icon on the audio screen?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #30
nocents82 is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
nocents82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SL3x SoundLinQ3 XM Satellite interface adaptor for Toyota

CNP2000UCA for the Audiovox unit

thanks for the info.now i need to call sirius to see how much it would cost to transfer my lifetime subscription over.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/301604/cat/500][/ur

Heres the audio screen
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #32
Quote:
thanks for the info.now i need to call sirius to see how much it would cost to transfer my lifetime subscription over.
Not a problem bro, The component had a radio ID number for me to activate with xm.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #33
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 01-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #34

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
This is awesome.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #35
Bamafever50 is on a distinguished road
Bamafever50's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoCaliente View Post
Same problem here.

But, I have an idea- I plan on using XM Onyx, using the fm antenna wiring for it (separate kit, wires straight to your antenna to remove any chance of interference), and seeing if the Toyota sharkfin has the same connector as the supplied satellite receiver, since the sharkfin itself covers the hole you drill in the roof. (if not, I will be just using the supplied one and sealing the hole I drill in the roof (likely right next to the third brake light)) then I will remover the headliner and A-pillar and run the wires through them. I plan on installing a SPOD and one of its power lines will supply the Onyx power. (that way no need to run the cigarette lighter adapter, and no need to splice into the stock wiring at all) Then, I will mount the Onyx to the windshield near the A-pillar with the supplied mount. I think this will end up with a pretty clean installation, no exposed wires, and minimal disturbance of any OEM electronics.

Although I don't particularly like the fact that I have to run a separate screen for my XM, it is beneficial in one way, it will be easy to read in the afternoon! My stock Toyota touchscreen is completely unreadable from the driver's seat in the afternoon, I just have to guess where the buttons are! (is there any way to up the brightness?)

Sounds like your screen is dimming with your headlights on, in the setup menu you can select the brightness to daylight......... This will fix the dim display.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #36

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Tracking info shows that mine is coming tomorrow.
Unsure where to hide the antenna as of yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #37
hudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to behold
Army: Master Gunner Delta Compnay Army National Guard Warrior Training Center
Name: Jonathan
hudsonstrong's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgtho View Post
Tracking info shows that mine is coming tomorrow.
Unsure where to hide the antenna as of yet.
They hid mine on top right corner, tucked under my dash cover. It looked a little janky at first so put Velcro around it and snugged it up and it looks very good.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #39
BillyP will become famous soon enoughBillyP will become famous soon enough
Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did they allow you to transfer the subcription? I have a lifetime on my Liberty, which I still have but only use to pull behind the motorhome.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyP View Post
Did they allow you to transfer the subcription? I have a lifetime on my Liberty, which I still have but only use to pull behind the motorhome.

Yeah you can transfer radios anytime