Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgillespie View Post
Yeah you can transfer radios anytime
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #42
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
I installed this last night. It's great.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #43
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgtho View Post
I installed this last night. It's great.
Awesome!! Where did you hide the antennae?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #44
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome!! Where did you hide the antennae?
On the inside of the windshield.
I am having a problem though, I lose my presets when I shut the truck off and restart it.

Do you have this issue???
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #45
UncleFrancis is on a distinguished road

UncleFrancis's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if we can add navi to the touch screens?? I have a 2013 with the touch screen when i bought it I didnt want to shell out the extra 2k for navi and all that but i am definately adding this SAT radio..
Old 01-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #46
Quote:
On the inside of the windshield.
I am having a problem though, I lose my presets when I shut the truck off and restart it.

Do you have this issue???

No. It's flawless
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleFrancis View Post
Does anyone know if we can add navi to the touch screens?? I have a 2013 with the touch screen when i bought it I didnt want to shell out the extra 2k for navi and all that but i am definately adding this SAT radio..
I decided I can go get a Garmin for less then $100.00, and if I have to update it it will only cost $50.00.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #48
UncleFrancis is on a distinguished road

UncleFrancis's Tacoma Gallery
yea, i just hate having cords all over and seems like they always need updating... I didnt get it because I always use my smartphone for navigation and usually get a new one every year so It was dumb to pay for the factory navi that would need updates all the time... But it would be cool to have an aftermarket add on to the factory screen..
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #49

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No. It's flawless
So this is odd. If I set one preset it forgets it.
If i set all 12 it remembers.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #50
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
This is definitelly on my wish list now
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #51

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely a clean install
Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #52
Quote:
So this is odd. If I set one preset it forgets it.
If i set all 12 it remembers.

I set all 12 at once, didn't try to set individually.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #53
thanhnc is on a distinguished road
Name: Thanh
thanhnc's Tacoma Gallery
Sattlite Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewildman View Post
Hi,just got a new 2013 pre-runner TRD Sport with a touch screen radio, it does not have sirius radio. has anyone installed sirius on this type of radio? thanks.

I did my Tacoma 2010 4x4 TRD

Check this link will show you how to install
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...e-antenna.html

you need to buy cable from this link
http://www.tss-radio.com/?utm_source...m_medium=email
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #54
dasoupman is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
dasoupman's Tacoma Gallery
Did you do the install yourself? or take it somewhere?

I think I'm gonna add this to my truck
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoupman View Post
Did you do the install yourself? or take it somewhere?

I think I'm gonna add this to my truck

I took it somewhere. It cost me $75 and less then an hour
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #56
dasoupman is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
dasoupman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I took it somewhere. It cost me $75 and less then an hour
That's not bad at all. I may look around and see what kind of prices I can find.

I'm kinda throwing around the idea of installing it myself, I don't think it would be too difficult. Just wanted to see if anyone else had done it before I start taking stuff apart.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoupman View Post
That's not bad at all. I may look around and see what kind of prices I can find.

I'm kinda throwing around the idea of installing it myself, I don't think it would be too difficult. Just wanted to see if anyone else had done it before I start taking stuff apart.
I don't mess with electronics... Lol
Old 03-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #58
anarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
anarion55's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Sirius/XM module & mounting kit from Toyots (the mtg kit is for Scion). Mounted my antenna on a rear-view mirror bracket for my Passport radar detector. Plug & Play and no FM modulator to struggle with. Expensive, but well worth it. Routing the wres was the hardest part (and upulling the head unit to plug it in).
Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #59
rraabb11 is on a distinguished road
rraabb11's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know how to remove the radio?

Also, is the consensus regarding the antenna is to put it on the dash? Couldn't you go thru the firewall and up along the windshield?

Where do all there tuners and parts hide in install?

What's the cheapest vender and how are the different than eBay item
Number: 160432611372 ?

Finally, I want to transfer my sirius starmate package and not have any funny xm package. Can that happen?
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #60
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you asked that question about removing the radio. I also would like to know how to take out the center panel without destroying it so I can install another radio.