Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

installing sirius on stock touch screen radio

Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #61
anarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
anarion55's Tacoma Gallery
In a 2013, remove the a/c & vent knobs by pulling them off. Using your fingers, pry off that panel. That will expose the four 10mm bolts that hold the radio. Remove them & pull the assembly out with your hands.

The XM antenna certainly can be roof mounted, and works best that way, but is more of a challenge to route the wire that way.

The XM reciever fits nicely under either front seat, and can be secured with Velcro.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #62
Doozer is on a distinguished road

Doozer's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for the future mod list... Has anyone posted a step-by-step tutorial?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #63
Scoobydoo1234 is on a distinguished road
Scoobydoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
tag
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #64
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
In a 2013, remove the a/c & vent knobs by pulling them off. Using your fingers, pry off that panel. That will expose the four 10mm bolts that hold the radio. Remove them & pull the assembly out with your hands.

The XM antenna certainly can be roof mounted, and works best that way, but is more of a challenge to route the wire that way.

The XM reciever fits nicely under either front seat, and can be secured with Velcro.
Thanks, man.

The rectangular AC/Heat control bezel came right off when I inserted a small thin screwdriver under the bottom edge at one corner and gently pulled.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #65
anarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks; I'd love to take the credit, but Crutchfield sent me those instructions (which worked for me, so I passed them on).
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #66
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Well, thanks anyways for taking the time to pass it on. I really appreciate it because you saved me from damaging my dash by trying to pry the fragile radio bezel off.

Shared experience makes forums like this genuinely valuable. I believe that this is the future of knowledge. A spontaneously interactive store of knowledge that's constantly being added to.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #69
TacoJoe2 is on a distinguished road
TacoJoe2's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you need the CNP2000UCA Audiovox unit?

Does all that junk fit behind the head unit?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthefawker View Post
maybe call in and ask for it to be transferred over to the taco via xm customer service?
^^^ This ^^^

We (my family) has had good luck switching subscriptions when we turn in our leased VW's (Step-son-in-law works for VW corporate and gets us great lease deals). Call & ask... what do you have to lose?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #71
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
I got a unit that installs on the dash, like a portable GPS, but I was able to route the antenna so that it is completely hidden, to include the cable. I routed it under the passenger side dash, through the doorsill, and into the weather stripping. The actual antenna is mounted in the center of the roof, right above the rear window. The cable is small enough that is has no noticeable impact on the door seal on the front passenger door.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #72
MaxQ is on a distinguished road
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
This is soooooo AWESOME! I knew it was possible. It just took some time for a company to fill the need of the people. I'm ordering mine today! Curse you Toyota!
I'll probably have a stereo shop install it. Because I also want them to give me a always hot power port in the cigarette adapter.
Thank you guys! This made my day!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #73
ark1ebs is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
ark1ebs's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone had any luck with the iSimple gateway kits? I found one relatively cheap at XMfanstore, and I'm also wondering if the interface is similar to the system detailed in this thread.

Frustrated that the regular touchscreen systems aren't satellite capable.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #74
ark1ebs is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
ark1ebs's Tacoma Gallery
bump!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #75
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgillespie View Post

Got it installed today, took less then an hour. The antenna is tucked in the corner of the dash and hidden under my dash mat. The interface is the same as all other modes. Its very easy to use, the same as operating the radio. Overall it cost me exactly $400.00. So far I'm very satisfied with everything.
Did you do the install yourself? If so was it straight forward? I have done many radio installs and add on installs so suspect this will be easy? Anyone else have any experience with this as a self install?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #76
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Mine is ordered! Will post pics/feedback.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #77
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
Can't believe I missed this thread and swapped the entire radio. Oh we'll, at least I can watch DVDs. Will have to remember this if anything happens to my new radio.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
Can't believe I missed this thread and swapped the entire radio. Oh we'll, at least I can watch DVDs. Will have to remember this if anything happens to my new radio.
I was so on the fence about just swapping the whole HU... but for now decided to stick with stock.... if I can live with it...
Old 07-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #79
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
I had zero issues with the stock head unit except it lacked sirius.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
I had zero issues with the stock head unit except it lacked sirius.
I just find them to be a bit underpowered (volume wise) for my liking - but the lack of SAT was the main issue.