Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Radio/heater lights & tail lights out

Old 10-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
jaywilliamslds is on a distinguished road
jaywilliamslds's Tacoma Gallery
Radio/heater lights & tail lights out

I'm a novice, so bear with me! My radio and heater lights are out, as well as both tail lights / parking lights. The brake lights still work. I tried changing the upper tail lights but no change. I checked the fuse box under the hood but couldn't find anything tripped (it's possible I missed it, though). Any suggestions? I'm in kindergarten when it comes to vehicle maintenance so please dumb it down for me. It's a 2007 Tacoma Pre Runner SR5.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to check the fuse box on the inside of your truck. It's on the drivers side of the dash behind the drop out cubby by your left knee. Should be a fuse in there labeled for tail lights.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
And use a multimeter or at the least a test light to check them. Visual checks can be hard some times.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blygy View Post
And use a multimeter or at the least a test light to check them. Visual checks can be hard some times.
Good point. These damn fuses are so small I almost need a magnifying glass to see them.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
jaywilliamslds is on a distinguished road
jaywilliamslds's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried earlier to find the inside fuse panel but it was big fail. I'll try again tomorrow and go from there!