Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best A/T tires for my new wheels

Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
thatdood is on a distinguished road

thatdood's Tacoma Gallery
Best A/T tires for my new wheels

I just bought some new 18" wheels to go on my stock 2009 double cab pre runner. I'm trying to decide on tires now.

I'm considering either the Nitto Terra Grapplers or the Toyo Open country A/T, but I'm not counting out other tires. What do you guys suggest? I'm not really going to off road too much and would like something that isn't too noisy on the highway.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to throw this survey into the mix.

On-/Off-Road All-Terrain Tire Consumer Survey
Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
You may want to throw this survey into the mix.

On-/Off-Road All-Terrain Tire Consumer Survey
Cool. Thx, I'll check it out
Old 10-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
toyos are nice! I think km2s would look sweet too.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #5

I bought some XD Monsters 18x9 -12 offset. I've got no lift now and 245/75/16 currently and from what I can tell from the tire calculator 265/60/18s should work fine. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdood View Post
I bought some XD Monsters 18x9 -12 offset. I've got no lift now and 245/75/16 currently and from what I can tell from the tire calculator 265/60/18s should work fine. Can anyone confirm that?
I believe each tire manufacturer has their own specs for wheel fitment. You would have to check for each tire.