Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Side rain guards..which kind?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Side rain guards..which kind?

For my 2010 Tacoma regular cab, what style of guards do you use/like?

In channel that slide into the window channel..or the deflector that you use the 2 sided tape to stick on the door frame?

Only other vehicle I had them on was my 2006 Chevy Colorado, but I was forced to use deflector b/c of the mirror location.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty happy with my Weather-Tech in-channels, didn't want anything stuck to the paint and I think they look cooler
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Check my build page, it has pictures. They are Wade In-Chanel Window Deflectors by Westin.
They are awesome.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Had in channels on my 2000 Ranger for 12 1/2 years. never a problem. Loved them.
Just put some on the Taco. They're definitely made thinner nowadays, hopefully they'll hold up as well.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
How do the in-channels mount in? I'm guessing they'd be hard to remove as well..not that I'd want to, just for security reasons. Never had issue with my old ones being messed with..
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
How do the in-channels mount in? I'm guessing they'd be hard to remove as well..not that I'd want to, just for security reasons. Never had issue with my old ones being messed with..
Mine slide into the same channel were the tops of the windows go, as the window is rolled up it forces itself into the channel next to the visor
Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
EGR in-channel... i love them
Pretty much what he said ....

Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Do they ever come loose when the window is down?
Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Do they ever come loose when the window is down?
Mine never have.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have Weathertech in channels. No complaints. You can take the out if the windows were down. But they don't easily come out as in they're not going to fall out or anything, they're in there good. You have to bend them pretty good to get them in. Just put a set on my grandmothers Rav4 too. Steer clear of the stick on ones. They look like crap and I've had them fall off of previous vehicles.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
eBay 31.00 shipped. Can't beat that price and they have lasted 5 years
Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
wooddan is on a distinguished road
wooddan's Tacoma Gallery
i have the weathertech in channels and the work great. However when the power windows go up they seem to struggle they still work but struggle. I couldnt fine any stick on ones but i would have much prefered them.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I'm pretty happy with my Weather-Tech in-channels, didn't want anything stuck to the paint and I think they look cooler
Same
Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
weathertech in channel. Have never had an issue with them. They stay snug, but can be taken out if necessary.

I have stick on ones on my Camry and hate them - they don't stay on very well. After less than a year, two of them are only half stuck.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #17
legga400 is on a distinguished road
legga400's Tacoma Gallery
My brother has weathertech in channel ones. he's not overly impressed for the price. They're very tight and the window rubs a lot on all 4 windows when closing completely.

I had the same issue with my 06 civic. The window was actually knocked off the track more than once and you had to help "pull" it into place while rolling up the window.

I agree the in channel look best. I'm going to try the EGR ones this time around. My brother and I both have 2012 DCLB Sports
Old 10-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
I too have the weathertechs. I love them, but I did have a rear one fly off the truck on the highway and get run over a bunch. Weathertech promptly sent me out a complete rear set for free. The front one on the passanger side tends to rattle slightly which is annoying me. i may try and add some double sided tape to help.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #19
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
I too am in the market for a set. I love the look of in channel, however i had a 04 explorer with in channel. over a year time they scratch the edges of my windows. Are the weather techs or egr slimmer than the other. Slimmer ones might be better
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
AVS is what I went with..installed them today and like the look on them, plus they went right in. Did that and my bug guard too.