1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front end "turning" rub corrected 2012... Damn you TW!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by floridaoccifer, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Oct 14, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer [OP] Civil Servant

Member:
    Well I could have saved myself a load of frustration if I just would have used the search function on this site... Once again I failed to look at what the others have found and corrected.

With that being said, since my install/lift on my 265/75/16 and 1.5 Billy I have been rubbing on something up front when turning. It started happened after a few miles though which was the strange thing. Well I had already replaced my mudflaps with the Husky ones (still completely thrilled with them) and they were no where near my tire but yet the rub continued. I have a lot of chaos in my life and always told myself "I will look tomorrow and fix this"... but tomorrow was a few months in the making. I finally had some time this morning and come to find out it was this damn little FRONT mudflap on my 2012 that is pushing into the wheel and being sucked up. I guess since I purchased the truck new, they were still stiff enough at first that it didnt happen but after a few miles they became more pliable and flexed into my tire. Needless to say a pair of heavy duty sheers and a bench grinder (1/2 cup of coffee) they are trimmed and reinstalled...

Short story if you are busy or my rant is like trying to chew glass...

FRONT micro flaps trimmed = turning rub resolved

[​IMG]

2. Oct 14, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  3. Nov 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    DirtyTaco24

DirtyTaco24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Ottawa
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD DCLB Black
    Good stuff. stupid front mud flap.. good for what? making life miserable in my opinion.

4. Nov 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    aerodynamics.... they are called wheel spats. almost all vehicles nowadays have em front and rear.

5. Nov 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    They're easily removed by taking out the screws. I put the screws back without the flaps to keep shit out of the holes.

6. Nov 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    Same here.

7. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    NoDak

NoDak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Minot, ND
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Blazing Blue
    I thought they were to keep rain/mud splashing from hitting the brake assemblies directly

Products Discussed in

To Top