Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Satoshi/Grillcraft - How Do You Open The Hood?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
Question Satoshi/Grillcraft - How Do You Open The Hood?

Hope this isn't one of those questions where the answer is embarrassingly obvious but how do you open your hood if you have one of these grills installed.

When I pop the hood from the interior of my truck I still have to go around the front, reach around the Toyota emblem and lift the hood catch to unlock the hood.

Wouldn't one of these grills totally block your hand from accessing the hood catch?

Did a search but couldn't really find an answer on the forums.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I never opened the hood through the grille. I didn't know that was possible. Ha.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I never opened the hood through the grille. I didn't know that was possible. Ha.
That's what I thought. There is a little handle you push just below the hood and just above the grille. OP is doing it the hard way I guess......
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Stick your fingers between the hood and top of grill
Old 10-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, that's what I do. That's what I do with all of our Toyotas. The latch is on the same side on all of ours too.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
if u had owned a 1st gen, this would be a concern because to open the hood u must stick a finger in between the vertical space in the grill to release the hook.

if u owned a 2nd gen, u would know that the hood release hook is above the grill. so when u pop the hood latch, u lift up the hood a little so there is space between the hood n the grill, stick a finger in, n it opens right up. (pun intended)
Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Lol
Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunngavik View Post
Hope this isn't one of those questions where the answer is embarrassingly obvious but how do you open your hood if you have one of these grills installed.

When I pop the hood from the interior of my truck I still have to go around the front, reach around the Toyota emblem and lift the hood catch to unlock the hood.

Wouldn't one of these grills totally block your hand from accessing the hood catch?

Did a search but couldn't really find an answer on the forums.
Open your hood and take a look st the release.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Fortunately there's two ways of doing this hood release I only knew of the upper one for the longest time
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
lol. OP you doing the hard way. that i thought was impossible. lol. i just pull the latch on the inside, go to the front lift hood a little and stick fingers between the top of grill and hood and release that latch.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
DolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really nice

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
if u had owned a 1st gen, this would be a concern because to open the hood u must stick a finger in between the vertical space in the grill to release the hook.

if u owned a 2nd gen, u would know that the hood release hook is above the grill. so when u pop the hood latch, u lift up the hood a little so there is space between the hood n the grill, stick a finger in, n it opens right up. (pun intended)
My 2000 opens with the finger between grill and hood method. Two fingers works better.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #12
Roll Tide Roll
mash25 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
mash25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn View Post
. Two fingers works better.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
Never LBS
Molon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SFC 11B40B4
Molon Labe's Tacoma Gallery
I did a Satoshi on my 2012. I cut off 2" of the under the hood latch for the grill clearance. I can still pop it between the hood and the grill once the interior latch is activated. No big issue.