Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I havent been on here in awhile

Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #41
LjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: SPC, B co DSTB 4ID
LjHarp's Tacoma Gallery
It will look great when all of it is done, its just a matter of funds right now but hopefully that can be taken care of soon ill be wet sanding and preping for the next coat of paint next week
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #42
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
GOOD LUCK! keep posting as you fix her up!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #43
stangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud ofstangkeip10 has much to be proud of

stangkeip10's Tacoma Gallery
should have said your plans in the original post and people wouldn't have been so harsh i don't think. post pics when your finished
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #44
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkeip10 View Post
should have said your plans in the original post and people wouldn't have been so harsh i don't think. post pics when your finished
Agreed
Old 10-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #45
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkeip10 View Post
yeah x3. The way it looks now it should be in the WTF thread. Paint looks shitty, strip down the side looks shitty, miss matched emblem looks shitty, chrome wheels look shitty (and of coarse this is just my opinion) BUT if its not done then its all good because there is still hope!

and im curious . . . . . . . if u know the truck is in the "works" stages and potentially will look 1000 times better when completed then why would u make a thread stating uve done some work to it and ask how everyone likes it then when negative things are stated about it u defend it by saying its not completed yet and yall can think what u want!? Again im just curious . . . . . . (breaking no TW laws that i know of)
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #46
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
And now for the obvious questions:

What did you do to that ex?

and

Would you please post a photo of her?

yes!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #47
LjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: SPC, B co DSTB 4ID
LjHarp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
yeah x3. The way it looks now it should be in the WTF thread. Paint looks shitty, strip down the side looks shitty, miss matched emblem looks shitty, chrome wheels look shitty (and of coarse this is just my opinion) BUT if its not done then its all good because there is still hope!

and im curious . . . . . . . if u know the truck is in the "works" stages and potentially will look 1000 times better when completed then why would u make a thread stating uve done some work to it and ask how everyone likes it then when negative things are stated about it u defend it by saying its not completed yet and yall can think what u want!? Again im just curious . . . . . . (breaking no TW laws that i know of)
Because i am curious of what you all think, im not defending myself.. the truck does look like garbage i agree. As you all speake your mind i get raw uncensored information on what i can do to change it and get it back to a good looking truck. I like the black stripe and hate the chrome rims. Didnt think about the emblem much but glad it was pointed out, a matching front bumper would probably look better and when it goes in again ill have them change that.

I dont want people to be like oh its in the works so it looks okay when i know it looks like crap. I wanted the harsh comments i would have never made it in the army if i couldnt take someone being honest no matter how harsh the truth is.

So thank you every one for the comments i really do appreciate it. Its all good info and suggestions
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #48
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
That's all well and good, but we want to see a photo of that ex.

What I gather is you're looking for constructive criticism, not Looks like my gma's ass! WTFs wrong wif u? Frankly, I'd be much more concerned about any mechanical issues that need to be addressed, or mods to that end, than making it pretty. If you're happy with that part of the equation, clean it up to where you want it to be.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #49
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to the blue taco in your sig?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #50
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
What happened to the blue taco in your sig?
It's green now.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #51
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
You know, I kind of like the green color.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #52
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I pretty much missed that. I thought the green was an access cab clearly I did not see the big green door in the back. Its camouflaged.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #53
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjHarp View Post
Because i am curious of what you all think, im not defending myself.. the truck does look like garbage i agree. As you all speake your mind i get raw uncensored information on what i can do to change it and get it back to a good looking truck. I like the black stripe and hate the chrome rims. Didnt think about the emblem much but glad it was pointed out, a matching front bumper would probably look better and when it goes in again ill have them change that.

I dont want people to be like oh its in the works so it looks okay when i know it looks like crap. I wanted the harsh comments i would have never made it in the army if i couldnt take someone being honest no matter how harsh the truth is.

So thank you every one for the comments i really do appreciate it. Its all good info and suggestions
i hear ya man. My suggestions, keep the color, if u like it, just finish the paint. Get some black or dark bronze wheels and color match or remove the grill emblem.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #54
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think this is all that bad. Sure its not a $10,000 paint job but it's also not a rust bucket. I like the idea of the stripe down the side.

I say good work OP! A little tweaking and this will be a good looking truck.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #55
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's good... but in the future, if you're OK with raw and uncensored, don't come off as butthurt as you did here:

Quote:
You all can say what you want, yes the vehical was damaged and it needed to be blasted and then primered and then painted.. it is not rattle canned and the unevenness is due to dificulty with an actual paint sprayer.. the truck is not done and I didnt take a massive dump on my truck. Its still in the process of being done it doesnt have a clear coat on it and has yet to be sanded, another coat, and then sanded and preped for clear and then orange peeled. So you can all say what you want and I appreciate the critisium . Their are still things i want to change. New rims and tires and then changing of the emblems i will continue to post pictures of the work that gets done to it but until i find a new job this is kind of where im stuck
Wish you the best in your repairs