LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Retro styled '12

Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Huh? What on this truck screams bro at you?
Lets put it this way. The windshield is ok. The side windows are ok. And the side mirrors are ok. And its hard to tell but I think the lug nuts might be ok. Other than that it sucks a 60 grit dildo.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #23
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
I think it's kind of cool but I like retro. Even if you don't like the end result, you have to give them props. That's some nice work.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
bangarang is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
bangarang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Still not bro... here's a bro truck...

You mad brah?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
bangarang is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
bangarang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Link to the story behind this? Lots of sheet metal/glass fab on the front end and hood.
here you go http://www.expeditionportal.com%2Ffo...-Global-Tacoma
Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure Chevy Chase would love this.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Link to the story behind this? Lots of sheet metal/glass fab on the front end and hood.
You can read the thread at Expedition Portal. But, briefly, he bobbed the bed so that the truck would fit in a 20' container for shipping with the rest of his gear.

The front end mod is so as to confuse border guards and local cops who tend to base their bribes on how new they think the vehicle is. Plus, I think he wanted to try his hand at design with a throwback to earlier Toyota styling.

There are some things I wouldn't have done they way he did. That said, it's his truck and he executed his particular vision well. None of the work is bad, and I hope he's happy with his truck for a very long time. It's a one of a kind build and exceedingly distinctive.

We should all be so brave.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #28
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
You can read the thread at Expedition Portal. But, briefly, he bobbed the bed so that the truck would fit in a 20' container for shipping with the rest of his gear.

The front end mod is so as to confuse border guards and local cops who tend to base their bribes on how new they think the vehicle is. Plus, I think he wanted to try his hand at design with a throwback to earlier Toyota styling.

There are some things I wouldn't have done they way he did. That said, it's his truck and he executed his particular vision well. None of the work is bad, and I hope he's happy with his truck for a very long time. It's a one of a kind build and exceedingly distinctive.

We should all be so brave.
I get all that & there are some impressive aspects to the build - However a retro Truck front end would have been much more appropriate to the body style and still achieved the desired "camouflage".
I know a lot of work went into it and I respect that but I still think it looks like shit.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #29
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i like the tailgate and the bobbed bed but other than that
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #30
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
It's all top-shelf work, but that grill. . . . whew.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #31
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I would totally rock those sweet late 70s style decals if my truck was white, but that front end is meh. The body of the truck is too round for square lamps and grille
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I get all that & there are some impressive aspects to the build - However a retro Truck front end would have been much more appropriate to the body style and still achieved the desired "camouflage".
I know a lot of work went into it and I respect that but I still think it looks like shit.
Build him a grill...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #34
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
However a retro Truck front end would have been much more appropriate to the body style and still achieved the desired "camouflage".
Well, right.

But it's not as though you just buy a 83 Toyota pickup and bolt the front end on a 2012 Tacoma.

And since getting it to work with a truck that is twice the size and 30 years newer (jesus do I feel old) is going to require some judgement calls.... Point is, you have to choose what points to emphasize and what points to discard and everyone will make different choices.

As I said, I would have chosen differently*, and I gather you too from me, even. And yet at that - the front end still screams 80s Toyota. So, mission accomplished, I guess.

*Personally, I would have recreated the Toyota from Back to the Future. I know it's been done, and I don't care.