Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaf springs look...wrong..

Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf springs look...wrong..

My truck doesn't seem to be sagging or anything, but the leaf springs seem to be flat. For some reason, I remember my leaf springs bending more. Could you post a picture of your leaf springs or just tell me what they are supposed to look like. I'm worried I'm going to have to replace mine.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Do you have stock leafs?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Go park next to a truck identical to yours and have a look.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
google images is your friend op

https://www.google.com/search?num=10....1.DFDPeerNpQ8
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
mine were "flat" untill i put the AAL in there
Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Do you have stock leafs?
Yep
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Go park next to a truck identical to yours and have a look.
That's pretty doable, I'm going to try that
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Inherent to the vehicle....
Here's mine three months off the lot. I qualified for the TRD 4 Leaf Pack TSB.
I see you're out of warranty, so an AAL (Add-A-Leaf) would be your best option, short of a new leaf pack.
The pic is from a thread I started a couple years ago (link below), asking the same question as your's.
More Pics in my Gallery

Do my 2010 Leaf Springs look like they need the TSB ???

EDIT: w/ 200lb load

Good Luck

CC
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Good info ^^