Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

SPIDERTRAX with 16" OEM steel wheels

Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
SPIDERTRAX with 16" OEM steel wheels

Hello Forum,

I have been reading up quite a bit on the Spidertrax wheel adapters. I read that it is recommended to use "shank" type lug nuts but my OEM steel wheels use accorn style lug nuts. I don't remember for sure but I think someone on this forum is running the Spidertrax with steel wheels. I would like to know if it is posssible to do this.

I normally would not have gone for wheel adapters but I have not read ONE bad review about the Spidertrax Hub centric adapters.

BTW, do they come in 1" widths also? I only see them in 1.25" or 1.50"

Thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Im on the hunt as well, bora i think its called caught my eye little cheaper and have good reviews... Im on the fence about it but worth a look... As for your question no idea.... Also when you go 1" spacer it becomes too short and you may need to put lug extentions on.... But dont quote me on that but time on tw will tell
Old 10-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for spidertrax. I ran them on my old 2004 4Runner and they were amazing.

Great look and I kept the stock wheels (which I liked).

I highly recommend them!

Pay the price and do it right the first time, Spidertrax are the best spacers around.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro sells a 1" spacer and they work fine too. You need extended thread shank nuts to install the spacer to the truck. All Pro has them. I can't remember if they come with the spacers. Be sure to loc-tite and torque them. As for the wheel, you use the nuts designed for that wheel. The spacer doesn't change that.