Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

USB not working right

Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Thundjet is on a distinguished road
Thundjet's Tacoma Gallery
USB not working right

2012 with Etunes. Been using the same USB/flash drive for about a month and everything was fine until today.
Used to be able to hit the down/up button on the steering wheel to go back to the previous song or forward to the next one. Starting today the button will not change anything, nor will touching anything on the touch screen.

Time for a trip for warranty service?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
mine did that once to me, however if you held the button you could skip through the song in fast forward. The next time I started the car everything was fine. If it does it again I will take it in for warranty. Is yours doing it consistently or just once?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Only tried it today. Did try holding the button in but nothing happened. Button will still change the radio stations.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
woojoo83 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: John
woojoo83's Tacoma Gallery
ah, i thought mine was the only one that did this. ever since i received and installed the entune update (via USB), i've been unable to consistently toggle up/down through songs using my own personal UBS drive.

i feel like when i start my car and the stereo is already on USB, it is more likely to not allow me to toggle up/down, but when i start the car and it's on anything other than USB, and then i switch to USB, i can usually get it to toggle up/down properly.

so lame. keep us posted.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundjet View Post
Only tried it today. Did try holding the button in but nothing happened. Button will still change the radio stations.
It was only affecting my ipod, if I went to Pandora or iheartradio via blue tooth it would skip songs just fine. It was weird that both the steering wheel controls as well as the ones on the radio both would not work. Like I said though it only hit my once, so far.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Update:
As long as I:
a. remove and reinstall the flash drive after turning the key on the steering wheel controls can change the songs. If I don't remove it, can't advance or retract using the steering wheel controls.
b. If the flash drive is out of the port and I plug it in when the truck is running it works fine.

Weird, but I can live with it. I ever need to take the truck in for warranty work will ask the dealer about it.