Notices

Ideas on Where to Mount a Machete?

Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #21
Allen102 is on a distinguished road
Allen102's Tacoma Gallery
Back window
Old 10-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Novelty Item is the same as For Off-road Use Only. Those are weasel phrases used to provide a legal means for sale. Neither will be useful when defending a criminal charge against the owner. I'm glad the OP understands this distinction.

I'd try mounting it behind the rear seat. It's hidden and easily accessed, but not from the driver's seat. It's also protected from the elements and secure.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't ask whether or not you thought it would be a good idea if I should mount a machete in my truck...I asked where would be a good place for a mount if I wanted to mount it. I know plenty of people who take them camping and such, but leaving it in an exposed truck bed does not sit well with me. I leave my truck when I'm camping all the time to go hiking, shoot photographs, swimming, etc. All it takes is somebody nosy enough to snoop around my truck to find a lethal weapon. Hence why I want it mounted in the cab.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Sew a sheath into your bestop?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Vertically behind either seat? Machetes can be bought in Sears for $10, so it shouldn't be a hot item for thieves. I think your window tint sufficiently obscures against break-in.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #29
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I like this idea...
Do eeet!!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #30
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
From what I read on the interwebs, novelty item = sex toy
Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
If you figure out a mount, I keep a tomahawk in access cab under driver side rear jump seat. Looking for a better alternative.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First post edited to avoid any confusion

I'm building a ZRU truck, and I thought this would be a neat novelty addition. But I also wanted to keep it legal, and functional.
Move to Alabama....everything with guns and things with blades are legal there.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #34
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Reminds me of an old Hilux I saw in the Lowes parking lot one morning before work- had a machine gun barrel sticking through the hood, and a saw-blade mounted on the grill. There was an old hatchet strapped to the racks on top of the camper shell, which was too big for the truck and was seamed up with expanding spray foam. Had a headlight banged out, and the body was all mitchy-matchy colors. Wish I had a picture to show, but my retardo-phone died a couple days ago, and the two pictures were on it. :P

*Edit: Why the heck is the word 'Lowes' highlighted? I didn't do that.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #35
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I don't see where there would be a criminal charge.. "novelty" or not.. just don't see why you would need a mount inside your car for it. If you were going to take it somewhere to show it off, no need for a mount. If you were to replace it for a usable one when camping, there's no use for it inside your truck.

"Hidden" would be "concealed".. it has to be somewhere not concealed.
Concealed, with easy access by driver, could equal a concealed weapon charge. It does where I live.

Not concealed, easy access or not, could equal a break in to steal the shiny thing. It does where I live.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #36
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Centre of the driver's seat facing up
Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #38
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Center*

And har har.
*Centre
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will have none such British shenanigans in my machete thread.
*Proper English