Notices

Ideas on Where to Mount a Machete?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #42
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I will have none such British shenanigans in my machete thread.
*Proper English
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #43
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Center*

And har har.
He's from UK- it is spelled 'centre' there. Just like color is 'colour.'
Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #44
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
What does your sheath look like?? I am thinking it has the strap around the handle to snap it shut? If it does and isn't just a slip on sheath then I would think wherever you mounted it you would be protected from the thing flying out and causing any injury.

I would mount it to the side of the rear seat so it it accessible from the back door and out of sight from prying eyes...but also so it is completely legal in your state. That way it still holds its novelty use with your Zombie theme, can still be used in emergency situations and also is compliant with your laws.

Just my .02 Either way I would really like to see the finished product, as you will see my Zombie truck soon enough as well!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #45
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I thought novelty items were something that had no real practical function.. if that thing could really be used as a machete, I wouldn't leave it permanently mounted anywhere in my truck, unless you want it to be broken into! I mean, it's not like you're going to be pulling it out places to show people, right?

When we bring ours for camping/off-roading, it's in the bed.
We must live in different worlds. I haven't had anything swiped from a pickup in 20 years, even when left, untied, lying in the bed. I do keep a lock and cable for when I need to leave the truck with useful things in the bed like a new, full, 40lb propane tank, or a field set of mechanics tools.

If someone around here starting doing smash and grabs, they wouldn't last more that a few hours before either the police or concealed carry stopped them.

For going camping, we would normally either grab a brush hook or a sling blade for weed control, and if firewood was an issue, a medium sized poulan chain saw and a splitting maul.

If someone swipes a pick and shovel or such from my truck bed, I assume they got in a real jam and will bring the tools back with bottle of brown water.

Howard
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #46
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Since this is a novelty item, you could buy another one and have a matched set. Then have threaded spacers welded to the back side of each so you can bolt them to the hood.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #47
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
sheath it in the back of the driver;s seat?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #48
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTacoDriver View Post
Since this is a novelty item, you could buy another one and have a matched set. Then have threaded spacers welded to the back side of each so you can bolt them to the hood.
like steer horns? the safetycrats will be all over THAT...
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
So 3 pages and still no pics of this what a let down...
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #50
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Inside of the rear drivers door? Like horizontally on the outside of the map pocket/ drink holders with the handle facing rear so you can just open the door and whip out your grass whacker. Fairly thin plastic would make mounting easy.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Weld it to a headache bar. That way it can be seen (and it can rust as I am sure it's not carbon/stainless steel)

It's novelty and will never be "used" Weld it or drill it. Otherwise leave it @ home in the garage - your options are super limited.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #52
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
The idea is to have a mount that can hold any machete, one I'll actually use or the novelty one. I do quite a bit of wheelin' and it's never a bad idea to have one with you.

And gotta remember, CA law says it must be visible but out of the driver's reach. So the back seat is fair game. I wish I could hide it, I have 1000 places if we could conceal "daggers or dirks" as their known here.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #53
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Horny Tacos?

While placing them on the front like horns would sound interesting (look at the rack on that Taco) to any but the safetycrats, I was thinking more with the flat sides of the blade back to back with a small spacing in between them like intake scoops on the hood. You could then take the machetes to have them powder coated so that they wouldn't rust.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... But even then, I keep seeing horrifying images of me rear-ending somebody or hitting a wall and having that thing come flying at the back of my head....
Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post

One of my all time favorite movies
Old 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #56
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds cool but I really don't think it'd be worth the hassle of dealing with police when they pull you over. "I swear officer it's not a concealed weapon, just a novelty zombie hunting machette" They won't care.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #57
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTacoDriver View Post
While placing them on the front like horns would sound interesting (look at the rack on that Taco) to any but the safetycrats, I was thinking more with the flat sides of the blade back to back with a small spacing in between them like intake scoops on the hood. You could then take the machetes to have them powder coated so that they wouldn't rust.
That would be SICK. But I don't think I can justify that kind of novelty. Especially if one of those comes loose on the highway
Old 10-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #58
Banned
The Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Name: Rocky
The Phoenix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm having brain farts trying to figure out how I would mount it when it arrives. As far as legality in CA, it is legal to carry a machete or any fixed blade as long as it is not concealed or within reach of the driver's control. So either the back seat somewhere, or in the bed. Remember, I have a Bestop so it's not exactly secure.
Well that kinda takes all the fun out of it. Best place to mount a machete (especially a novelty one for maximum humor) would be right between your (driver's right) leg and the shifter.