Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ideas on Where to Mount a Machete?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Ideas on Where to Mount a Machete?

THIS IS STRICTLY A NOVELTY ITEM

So I purchased a pretty sweet machete today from ZombieResponseTeam.net. It's engraved with the motto "To Protect and Sever".

I'm having brain farts trying to figure out how I would mount it when it arrives. As far as legality in CA, it is legal to carry a machete or any fixed blade as long as it is not concealed or within reach of the driver's control. So either the back seat somewhere, or in the bed. Remember, I have a Bestop so it's not exactly secure.

The only option I see so far is somehow mounted to the back window. But even then, I keep seeing horrifying images of me rear-ending somebody or hitting a wall and having that thing come flying at the back of my head.

Any ideas or suggestions where to mount as well as how? Thanks

Photo for size reference. It comes with a sheath as well.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
Are.you.serious.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
I like the cut of your jib but have no idea where I'd mount that.

My old car had a compartment forward of the shifter that was perfect for my handgun. Still trying to figure out where to carry it in my truck (legal in my state).
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery

mount it here.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
bed
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Wheels With Moose.
NMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Walt
NMW 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Legality aside, I'd store it either underneath the drivers seat or in the space between the drivers seat and the center console. Nobody is going to see it under the drivers seat, so it's not only easily accessible, but it's also concealed.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Is it for cutting grass?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Somewhere low and secure. You absolutely do not want that thing flying around the cab in the event of an accident...
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Is it for cutting grass?
...yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Somewhere low and secure. You absolutely do not want that thing flying around the cab in the event of an accident...
I agree...Another option I just thought of is against the bottom of the back bench seat, mounted to the carpet on the outside of the underseat storage bins. It's low and legal...and easily accessible. I don't carry passengers in the back seat often, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
What about a headliner gun rack with proper mounts to secure
Even that is too risky for me. I'd rather have a gun come loose from that mount during an accident than a machete.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Ummmm

I'm thinking in the backseat storage compartments, legal or not.....

Then when it rusts throw it away, unless you plan to use it for it's intended purpose as a brush clearing tool.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mount it across the cowl like a hi lift on a Jeep.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I got a really nice machette from Smokey Mountain Knife Works, 1095 carbon steel, made in the US. Will hold a fantastic edge, but too nice to leave sitting in the bed of a truck. The sheath alone was more expensive than a cheap one with sheath from HF.

Howard
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
I thought novelty items were something that had no real practical function.. if that thing could really be used as a machete, I wouldn't leave it permanently mounted anywhere in my truck, unless you want it to be broken into! I mean, it's not like you're going to be pulling it out places to show people, right?

When we bring ours for camping/off-roading, it's in the bed.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
My guess is that this machete is not really a top notch tool, right? I would file the edge dead dull so there was no chance of cutting anything. That way you will have more options on where to mount it for display. If you actually need a machete, get a good one, keep it razor sharp, and keep it someplace safe.

By the way, using a machete is no joke. I use them all the time and they can be extermely dangerous. I don't let anybody near me when I'm clearing with it. A glancing blade can lay open your thigh before you know what happened.