Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

KR fab rear

Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Y>O>L>O so BUY a TACOMA
1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brody
1badasstaco's Tacoma Gallery
KR fab rear

I just got my new KR fab rear bumper in and love it but they said I have to cut my tail gate cables so when I lower it it won't hit the bumper but I'm kinda confused on how I do this or what other options I have to do this? Suggestions please
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
You bought a bumper that doesn't allow the tailgate to come down? Shortening the cables means the tailgate will not sit flat, making it more of a PITA than it's worth. I hope this was disclosed to you before you bought it.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
Y>O>L>O so BUY a TACOMA
1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough1badasstaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brody
1badasstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I knew it when I bought it but I have never had to cut and shorten tail gate cables so that's why I was asking yall
Old 10-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badasstaco View Post
Yea I knew it when I bought it but I have never had to cut and shorten tail gate cables so that's why I was asking yall
Your best bet is to take the cables to a rigging shop and explain what you need. They can cut them and either splice them or replace one end. To do it right takes a press and the proper dies. If it were me I would just take the tail gate off and get a net or something. I think it's pretty crappy that anyone would design a bumper like this, unless the intention is to remove the tailgate. At the very least they should provide you with a set of shortened cables and not pass this problem off onto you. There is a word for that,...let me think......oh yea!, it's "horseshit".
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Your best bet is to take the cables to a rigging shop and explain what you need. They can cut them and either splice them or replace one end. To do it right takes a press and the proper dies. If it were me I would just take the tail gate off and get a net or something. I think it's pretty crappy that anyone would design a bumper like this, unless the intention is to remove the tailgate. At the very least they should provide you with a set of shortened cables and not pass this problem off onto you. There is a word for that,...let me think......oh yea!, it's "horseshit".
The bumper was designed specifically for the tire gate also made by KR Fab.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same bumper. There was no need for me to shorten the cables being the tailgate wouldnt open all the way. I would if I needed to drop the tailgate, I would just remove it. I also had a pop n lock to lock the tailgate to prevent me from accidently openin it out of habbit.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
The bumper was designed specifically for the tire gate also made by KR Fab.
ah,,, so that makes sense. Never intended for use with the factory gate. Thanks!