Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

show off your rod holders!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
show off your rod holders!

Hey guys I built my rod holders a little over a year ago and I want to see what you have come up with. My holders are just Bass Pro ring and hook rod holders, jammed into a milled out set of Thule truck racks. I can fit 8 rods up there, but they are not strong enough to hold a 50 or 80lb class tuna outfit. I like this set up because I can still put a bunch of crap in the bed like a cooler and my canal bike. Let’s see what you got!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Ripnlip is on a distinguished road
Ripnlip's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Been trying to find something for my gear as well. Most of my stuff is offshore gear as well. When I bring my lobster gear it would be helpful as well. Thanks for the ideas. We are still fishing Tuna and yellows right now.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I was tempted to post a picture of my hand. But those are pretty cool. I like those Thule track racks, but they are pretty pricey.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
I was tempted to post a picture of my hand. But those are pretty cool. I like those Thule track racks, but they are pretty pricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
is it bad that I was thinking the same thing?!?!
x3

Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
x3

I guess I'm waaay to slow on this one...X4

Oh, and nice job, OP.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Barbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Barbaro's Tacoma Gallery
Those Stellas and Van Staal make me very jealous. Great setups and Thule Racks are the only way to go IMO.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
the handles to your spinners are on the wrong side

Old 10-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Chitoson has a spectacular aura aboutChitoson has a spectacular aura about
Chitoson's Tacoma Gallery
Canal fishing, now we are talking.

That St Croix with the VS looks a little light for the canal though, the small Stella too.

If I get a chance I will take some pictures of my rod racks and post them.

Are you on SOL?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoson View Post
Canal fishing, now we are talking.

That St Croix with the VS looks a little light for the canal though, the small Stella too.

If I get a chance I will take some pictures of my rod racks and post them.

Are you on SOL?
yes i am (maritimeditch) the 10k Stella is on a century 1327 that i built last year. its a great rod for plugging the canal, but a little light for jigging.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
Chitoson has a spectacular aura aboutChitoson has a spectacular aura about
Chitoson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post
yes i am (maritimeditch) the 10k Stella is on a century 1327 that i built last year. its a great rod for plugging the canal, but a little light for jigging.
Must be a depth perception thing, that 10k looks like a 5k in the picture.

I go by the screen name DAQ on SOL.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
is it bad that I was thinking the same thing?!?!
Too late to say she's in my sig?