1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Tacoma 1 day old w/ leak in A/C

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacopa, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Mar 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    I agree. Your vehicle insurance would be your best bet. Warranty would never cover it, and shouldn't.

2. Mar 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    Brentmeister

Brentmeister Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Dallas
    There are different levels, ranging from oil/lube (maintainence guy) all the way to master diagnostician. The higher ratings require at least 60 continuous months of Toyota shop experience, classroom time and ASE certification. There are master tech's that can do about anything and usually some guys (and gals) that have particular ability in certain areas (HVAC/TRANSMISSION/ELECTRICAL).

The thing that concerns me is that the oil/lube guys are at the lowest trained. I am always very cautious with dealership oil changes and double check everything. They are prone to make mistakes because of their entry level training. Issues with theft, damage and gas siphoning all tend to be centered around the oil/lube guys. The more advanced technicians tend to be well-paid, well-trained and take pride in their work - especially challenging jobs.

3. Mar 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    My 2005 also had the green dye from the factory. This isn't anything new. Your dealer seems a little too opinionated to me...

Products Discussed in

To Top