LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about bilstein front shocks

Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Question about bilstein front shocks

Hey guys, Iam thinking of leaveling my 2011 DC Prerunner TRD with the Bilstein 5100 ftont shocks. My question is. How much lift do's the 0,85 setting give you and can I reuse my oem coil springs? I am not doing anything with the rear. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
BaconTaco has a spectacular aura aboutBaconTaco has a spectacular aura aboutBaconTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nate
BaconTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The .85 setting means it gives you .85 inches of lift on average. And then next settings are 1.75" and 2.5". Each truck is slightly different. And since you have a prerunner you will probably get a little more lift without the weight of the 4x4 system. I also have a prerunner and billies gave me 1 full inch from the .85 setting and 2 full inches on the 1.75 setting. I couldn't get a perfect level though so I chose rake over bro lean with the rake being only 1/4 inch I started with the 1.75 and then decided to drop down to the .85. Make sure you take measurements before an after so you know how much lift you got. Also in my case I think my rear springs are sagging a little.

Here's my truck before
Question about bilstein front shocks-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350663195.964744.jpg

And here's after the .85 setting
Question about bilstein front shocks-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350663252.152045.jpg

The after was taken at night but you can still see the difference.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you for the info, Much appreciate! I red somewhere on here that I can'nt run my stock coils with the bilsteins becouse I have the TRD package
is that true?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Thank you for the info, Much appreciate! I red somewhere on here that I can'nt run my stock coils with the bilsteins becouse I have the TRD package
is that true?
No, it's not true. The TRD Off Road has progressive coils so they get substantially stiffer the more you preload them but there's no reason the 5100's won't work with either of the TRD packages.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #5

Oh ok. Good to know. If I set them at .85 is it going to stiffen it to much?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Oh ok. Good to know. If I set them at .85 is it going to stiffen it to much?
It'll be stiffer but shouldn't be uncomfortable by any means. You might even find that you like it better because of the reduced nose-dive under braking and reduced truck roll in corners.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #7

Awesome, Thanks bud I appreciate all the input.