Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stall feeling when turning to the right

Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Tacomatosis04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
Tacomatosis04's Tacoma Gallery
Stall feeling when turning to the right

I just got my truck back from getting an alignment, just installed Bilstein 5100's set to 2.5 inch with OME 886. After getting my truck back I noticed that everytime when I took a right turn my truck would accelerate normally and then mid way through the turn it'd feel like it would die while I still had my foot on the gas and then it would finally kick in. Not sure exactly what is going on but it seems sketch.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
3 lefts make a right so do that until you figure it out

In all seriousness adding a lift should in NO WAY effect your throttle. Have you double checked everything?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
3 lefts make a right so do that until you figure it out

In all seriousness adding a lift should in NO WAY effect your throttle. Have you double checked everything?
Looked at everything and it seems fine. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fuel line but not sure why it would only do it for when I'm turning right
Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatosis04 View Post
Looked at everything and it seems fine. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fuel line but not sure why it would only do it for when I'm turning right

truck is fuel injected so turning should have no impact on speed.

truck is an 08' so no VSC right?

is it throwing any codes?
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sounds like the VSC

they have that on 08's? mine doesn't... was it an option?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
I don't have the VSC option on my truck
And yes it's an 08
Old 10-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
they have that on 08's? mine doesn't... was it an option?
Was an option
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
free bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Was an option
glad I didn't get that crap on my truck...