Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

High Clearance bumper Guys

Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
High Clearance bumper Guys

Two week ago I installed a cbi high clearance bumper. With in this two week time. I've been warned twice and then issued a fix it ticket the last time by the law for not having mud flaps. So with that being said what are you guys running for mud flaps?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Boy somebody has it out for you. You just don't hear of that stuff up north.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
CBI bumper cut for flaps. Flaps are cut down big rig units, and they are attached to the side support bar on the bushmaster bumper. I can't believe you are getting hassled for this in Montana! Are you trying to date the sheriff's daughter??
Attached Thumbnails
High Clearance bumper Guys-taco-13.jpg   High Clearance bumper Guys-flap.jpg  
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
CBI bumper cut for flaps. Flaps are cut down big rig units, and they are attached to the side support bar on the bushmaster bumper. I can't believe you are getting hassled for this in Montana! Are you trying to date the sheriff's daughter??
LOL

I drive in the city and the cops in this town are pretty picky about lifted trucks. they cut us no slack. I bought some rubber mud flaps for a dually truck that im gonna cut down and try to make them on a bracket. we'll see how it turns out
Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
LOL

I drive in the city and the cops in this town are pretty picky about lifted trucks. they cut us no slack. I bought some rubber mud flaps for a dually truck that im gonna cut down and try to make them on a bracket. we'll see how it turns out
I mounted my rubber to a piece of 2" x 1/8" aluminum angle iron. I used 1/4" bolts with nyloc nuts and fender washers over the rubber. That gives you something to bolt up under the truck somewhere. Good luck!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen mudflaps

Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
1st gen mudflaps

Looks good! do you have any pics on how you mounted them?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
Looks good! do you have any pics on how you mounted them?
just drilled a couple holes to line up with the existing holes on the mudflaps. A couple nuts and bolts later and they were on. Now they dont do a whole lot of protecting, they are just basically a check in the box for the police.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
1st gen mudflaps

You know those tiny little bikinis some women wear that barely cover anything but are legal because no naughty bit sticks out? That's what your mudflaps are.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
You know those tiny little bikinis some women wear that barely cover anything but are legal because no naughty bit sticks out? That's what your mudflaps are.
Good call, and added to my sig line.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I mounted my rubber to a piece of 2" x 1/8" aluminum angle iron. I used 1/4" bolts with nyloc nuts and fender washers over the rubber. That gives you something to bolt up under the truck somewhere. Good luck!
thanks for the ideas guys
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thatds one of the sexit 2nd gens on tw!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
thats one way to put it LOL