1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Maintenance

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gmata, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    gmata

gmata [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gonzalo
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCB 4x4 TRD sport
    Hello Guys,

Just bought a 2007 Tacoma with about 65K i am very happy with the truck so far.

I was looking at the Maintenance guide and i have a few questions.

First i used to have a 2002 Tacoma and a 4runner with the 3.4 Engine and i remember i had to replace the Timing Belt every 90K miles. On the manual it only says that the 90K is for Highlander, Sequoia, Land Cruiser and 4runner.

So my question is, how often do i need to replace that?

Also i never read anything about the transmission fluid, how often should i replace that one?

My last question is which bolts and nuts on the chassis should i tighten and were can i find the torque specs?

Thanks for the help!

2. Oct 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    No timing belt on the 07. Feel free to break out the Cuervo and celebrate. Chain is good for a quarter million (or more) miles.

2.7L or 4.0L? They take different fluid in their auto trannies. Either way most people change it before 100k when the shift quality goes down the toilet. Toyota says WS on the 5AT is a lifetime fill.... don't believe that bs.

Most important nuts to check are the u-bolts on the rear axle. For some reason a lot of them are loose and it'll allow way too much axle wrap and potentially snapping springs. Service manual says 37 lb-ft and it's a typo. Should be at least 73 lb-ft.

Check to make sure the 8 bolts on the driveshaft ends are tight whenever you're down there.

That's about all I can think of for now.

3. Oct 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    IIRC the only scheduled maintenance for the first 100k is oil changes and driveshaft re-torques/greasing. Pretty simple maintenance on these trucks man.

Products Discussed in

To Top