Notices

2.7 tranny cooler return line

Old 10-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
gkp is on a distinguished road
Air Force: MSgt
Name: Greg
gkp's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 tranny cooler return line

First off, this is my first post, I'm a newbie so forgive my ig-nunce. I have scoured this site for an answer to this question and I am more confused than when I started. Question: Where is the transmission return line on the radiator for a 2007 2.7 w/auto transmission? I am installing a transmission cooler. There are two lines on the driver's side, one on top and one on bottom next to the radiator line.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkp View Post
First off, this is my first post, I'm a newbie so forgive my ig-nunce. I have scoured this site for an answer to this question and I am more confused than when I started. Question: Where is the transmission return line on the radiator for a 2007 2.7 w/auto transmission? I am installing a transmission cooler. There are two lines on the driver's side, one on top and one on bottom next to the radiator line.

Thanks in advance
When installing a cooler it usually does not matter which is the return line but if you must know here is a way to find out for sure. Unhook both lines and start the motor. The one that spits out fluid is the output and the other is the return.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
gkp is on a distinguished road
Air Force: MSgt
Name: Greg
gkp's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know for sure without having to take the lines off? I'd rather have the ATF run though the radiator first then the cooler instead of the other way round.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
damnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Elect Tech (Retired)
Name: Gene
damnfingers's Tacoma Gallery
Good question and one I'd like the answer to also. I'd really be interested in which cooler you bought for your Tacoma and, if not considered out of line, why you need one? Are you going to start hauling a heavier trailer? I am and that's why I'm interested. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkp View Post
I'd rather have the ATF run though the radiator first then the cooler instead of the other way round.
I'm curious. What's the difference?