Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Supposebly got rear spring TSB

Old 10-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Supposebly got rear spring TSB

Just got my truck back from dealership having them do rear spring TSB...the leaf spring pack is brand new but its still a 3 leaf pack (2 leafs 1 over load) what gives or they didn't get right parts installed? I thought it was a 4 pack...any ideas fellas?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
3+1OL. sounds like you got stiffed.
I see your from NV, Im pretty sure I've seen your truck around. Roofrack and a supercharged emblem on the tailgate right? If so I love your truck. Theres a 775 thread on here you should check out. Also your sig pic looks like south fork, yeah?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
3+1OL. sounds like you got stiffed.
I see your from NV, Im pretty sure I've seen your truck around. Roofrack and a supercharged emblem on the tailgate right? If so I love your truck. Theres a 775 thread on here you should check out. Also your sig pic looks like south fork, yeah?
Sweet another member on here from elko...yeah that's my truck didn't think anyone can see that sc badge lol...yeah the pic is from south fork...maybe I've seen you before....I got the work done in SLC they were really nice but I think they ordered wrong parts I'm gonna have to take it back next weekend when I go again....what a waste of time
Old 10-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
Sweet another member on here from elko...yeah that's my truck didn't think anyone can see that sc badge lol...yeah the pic is from south fork...maybe I've seen you before....I got the work done in SLC they were really nice but I think they ordered wrong parts I'm gonna have to take it back next weekend when I go again....what a waste of time
Yeah, your truck is put together well, very clean. I had dale white do my springs, but I had to explain to them what it was...
Old 10-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Yeah, your truck is put together well, very clean. I had dale white do my springs, but I had to explain to them what it was...
is it worth it or should I just keep the new springs and add hellwig helper springs? I have to explain to dale white everything...I installed my own supercharger and the service writer said it would of been a difficult install for them
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is it worth it or should I just keep the new springs and add hellwig helper springs? I have to explain to dale white everything...I installed my own supercharger and the service writer said it would of been a difficult install for them
No way.... Take the truck back to the dealer and tell them to get you the right springs. They're the idiots!

Before going back... I would find an exact part number for the TSB springs. If they try to tell you 'We did install the right springs' - you can be armed with the part number.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have the part #? I can't really complain the parts are free but it did ruin my day
Old 10-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I would try to get the right leafs but if you haul or tow with any regularity you will want to add air bags. Even the 4 leaf pack fails.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
I think its worth getting it done. It helped for a while with mine, but I have a shell. I did a deaver aal with my 885s and with my shell on it sits perfectly level. With anything in the bed it squats pretty bad. Dakars are in my future for sure. My dad has hellwig helpers on his 05 DC, and they are alot stiffer than mine, but they dont sag.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
4 pack is better than 3 , but really both packs suck

Dakars FTW
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
4 pack is better than 3 , but really both packs suck

Dakars FTW
Quoted for Truth.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard nothing but good things about dakars but I don't plan on a lift only options I really have are the TSB or airbags...at this point TSB should work fine for now I'm just trying to figure out if there worth complaing for and going back but looks like im going back I just need a part # to let them know
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #14
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone have the part #? I can't really complain the parts are free but it did ruin my day
You can't complain? You bought a truck with springs that Toyota knows are inadequate. For the last 8 years they have swindled American Tacoma buyers on this part. They take up your time to get this ridiculous TSB done. Then they screw that up as well.

The springs should have been recalled in 2006 and every truck after that should have had adequate springs to carry the rated load of the truck.

I would take it back and get the right springs. Cost them twice. What Toyota has done should hurt like an ice cream headache. Then I would sell them for scrap and buy a good aftermarket spring set.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Not ALL Tacoma buyers ^^^^^^

Edited
Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #17
nytro is on a distinguished road
nytro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just picked up mine yesterday. Here's what the invoice showed with part numbers.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytro View Post
I just picked up mine yesterday. Here's what the invoice showed with part numbers.
that helps out a lot I'm going to take it back with those part #s
Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it is "T-SB-0305-08" which can be found here showing part numbers for different models.

http://www.divshare.com/download/4099360-b3f
Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytro View Post
Is yours the 4 leaf pack?