Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seized sway bar end link

Old 10-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
NINETY2 is on a distinguished road

NINETY2's Tacoma Gallery
Seized sway bar end link

So I figured I would start my lift tonight,
And the very first bolt I went to take off is seized!
The upper sway bar end link. I couldn't believe it!

I've pb blasted the shit out of it, tried holding it with vice grips, tried an Allen wrench holding the stud while using a crescent. No luck with anything.

It's an 06 taco and up here in Canada roads are salted so everything is rusted to shit.

If I can't get it off, I'll order new end links, and cut them off when i get them.

But I figured I would make a quick post in hopes that someone might have the answer to getting this bitch off.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Azntrutek is on a distinguished road
Azntrutek's Tacoma Gallery
get the air/electric angle grinder with 3.5 or 4" metal cutting disk. then cut it off with the surface of the cutting disk facing the the side of the control arm/ rocker arm ( i dont know what is the name of it). if you cant cut the nut off then use a grinding disk and grind the hell out of that nut. good luck
Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
speedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of light
speedjunkie13's Tacoma Gallery
A torch (mapp or oxy/acetylene) used with some penetrating spray after you heat it works wonders. A long as you are aware of what you are doing and aren't a dumbass it won't hurt anything. most times you can actually salvage fasteners.

If this fails, then you can still cut it off.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
We just cut some end links on the 04 4Runner last night. Got tired of fighting with it.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Most important part of a lift is spraying PB on every bolt & nut every day for a week before you go to remove it.

Try heat yet?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Most important part of a lift is spraying PB on every bolt & nut every day for a week before you go to remove it.

Try heat yet?
This...next is heat...next is my humangous impact gun if I can reach both sides...last is cutting...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
mine was seized as well. i actually gave up and took it to a shop, where they heated it and it came off right away...of course..