Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black housing with projector

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Black housing with projector

Okay so I know there are multiple threads on this ...hell I even started a different one. Problem is this:

I have an H1 retrofit set of HID's with the mini gatlins sitting at home in a box. I really want to do the BHLM the more I look at them. I am very apprehensive about removing my stock housings because I live in western WA and we get about 7-8 months of constant rain. I am absolutely ANAL when it comes to the appearance of my vehicles!!

If I were to get an aftermarket black projector headlight like the ones below, would I be able to just mount my H1's inside without tearing the housings apart?? I know they probably aren't the best ones but like I said where I live, if any moisture can get through then it will...and then the project would have been all for naught anyway!!

http://www.protuninglab.com/05totahaledp.html

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/4-C...5BB_KS/775657/

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/In-...2040B2/825956/

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tacoma-.../dp/B004WOWFLM

Thanks in advance,
-James
Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTacoGuy View Post
If I were to get an aftermarket black projector headlight like the ones below, would I be able to just mount my H1's inside without tearing the housings apart??
Not without tearing the housings apart, and even doing that, it's going to require some MAJOR surgery.

Your H1 kit is designed to replace the H4 and shroud in the stock housings.
The aftermarket "projectors" use an entirely different bulb and mounting system.

Moose and 737 have done it, one of them went through two or three housings before getting it right.

There's no way around splitting the housings.... and if it's leakage you are concerned about... the aftermarket housings ALL leak and need to be sealed with GE Silicone-II.

You're really better off getting on Amazon and getting a set of Depo stock housings. Around $160 shipped, available with black surrounds.
They are one of the best replacements you can get.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Damn,

That is not the answer I was looking for. If I have to split them anyway I might as well just split the ones in my truck and paint them?

Dammit....I also don't know if I have enough confidence in my ability to crack them open and seal them correctly so they do not leak. Heavily considering paying someone to do this. I normally do my own mods just not sure I want to tackle this one.

-James

Products Discussed in this Thread