Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

.5 to 1 inch rear lift???

Old 10-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
BaconTaco has a spectacular aura aboutBaconTaco has a spectacular aura aboutBaconTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nate
BaconTaco's Tacoma Gallery
.5 to 1 inch rear lift???

Is there a decent way to get half an inch to an inch of lift in the rear?

I have 5100s in the front set at .85 which leveled me out until I replaced my rear leaf pack with a newer stock 3 leaf which gave me an inch of lift or rather gave me an inch back that was lost. I have a prerunner dcsb and I get 1 inch at .85 and 2 inches at the 1.75 setting on the 5100s so I was hoping maybe I can bump the front up and do a little DIY half inch rear lift to avoid any bro lean.

Can I steal a leaf from the old pack or maybe cut a piece from the old overload to make a half inch block?

Or is this a bad idea?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconTaco View Post
Is there a decent way to get half an inch to an inch of lift in the rear?

I have 5100s in the front set at .85 which leveled me out until I replaced my rear leaf pack with a newer stock 3 leaf which gave me an inch of lift or rather gave me an inch back that was lost. I have a prerunner dcsb and I get 1 inch at .85 and 2 inches at the 1.75 setting on the 5100s so I was hoping maybe I can bump the front up and do a little DIY half inch rear lift to avoid any bro lean.

Can I steal a leaf from the old pack or maybe cut a piece from the old overload to make a half inch block?

Or is this a bad idea?

In red. Yes this will work.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
BaconTaco has a spectacular aura aboutBaconTaco has a spectacular aura aboutBaconTaco has a spectacular aura about

Both, or which one is best? If I use a leaf from the old pack should I get some clamps to put it on? Since I'm gonna put longer u bolts in I might as well use both if possible.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It might take a little trial and error but I'd try hacking up the old leaf pack and inserting the leafs into the new leaf pack. Cutting the center out of the overload leaf would work also. It'd essentially be a 1/2" block.

Depending on how much lift you want to get, they do make 1.5" AALs. the Icon and Wheeler's progressive AALs give you 1.5" of lift and ride very nice.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
If you use a piece of old spring for a block, the locating pin in your leaf pack will not reach the axle perch. The only way to do it is to get a longer spring center bolt and actually add the block(s) to the pack. Leave it long enough that the U-bolts will locate it as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #6

Awesome guys, thanks for the inputs.

@ Pugga: yeah I'm eventually gonna put the icon mini pack on when I can afford it along with ucas and ome springs up front. Just felt like doing some experimenting and making a Frankenstein lift in the back for shits and giggles so I can go up to the second notch on the 5100s and stay away from bro lean Providing it rides decent enough after.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #7

Thanks badger, I think that's what I'll try. Hopefully I can source the new center pins from lowes (I saw someone just recently posted a part number for that) and longer u bolts from an auto parts store.