Lift Options - Pick one

View Poll Results: Which Lift?
1 35 60.34%
2 19 32.76%
Something else (please specify) 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Options - Pick one

1)
Full OME kit with Dakars - 1140
LR UCA - 400
TOTAL - 1540

2)
Toytec 5100 Coilovers - 610
LR UCA - 400
5100 Rear Shocks - 200
Wheelers 3 leaf AAL (HD) - 150
TOTAL - 1360

Kit will be used for the occasional off road exploring and camping trip, nothing crazy that would warrant a mid-travel kit for an extra 1k. The only thing I'm not sure about is how the Wheelers HD AAL and leaving my overload in would handle 200lbs of bed rack and rooftop tent plus another 100-200 lbs of camping gear.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery

This is my 09 AC with a wheelers progressive leaf pack and the overload leaf... no sag towing my 87 BMW. Also, have taken it on some decent wheeling at some dunes in TX and at cleghorn and they handle smoothly off road. They do feel a bit stiff on the road but I think it makes for much better handling... I have no complaints with the 5100 set up just my opinion
Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Didn't see that one coming...
Old 10-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
SUB'd. I'm currently looking at a Skyjacker lift for mine.... but not many people on here have tried it. I found 2 guys on here who have nothing but good things to say about it though....

Since you're interested in one of the two you posted... I say #2. Based solely on price.....
Old 10-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #6

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcm329 View Post
This is my 09 AC with a wheelers progressive leaf pack and the overload leaf... no sag towing my 87 BMW. Also, have taken it on some decent wheeling at some dunes in TX and at cleghorn and they handle smoothly off road. They do feel a bit stiff on the road but I think it makes for much better handling... I have no complaints with the 5100 set up just my opinion
Did you pay the extra $10 for the HD aal? Stiff...uncomfortably or just more of a sporty ride?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
#1, click my sig, tons of pics.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
numero uno
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
#2 and I'd scratch the UCA and get a longer rear shock
Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
DJ KRAZY K is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Pilot
DJ KRAZY K's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A5935A0A0.aspx

save a $100 and free shipping...

I wish it was more specific on the rear springs and which coils... cause I want the same suspension 886s and Dakars...

Good luck!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #11

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ KRAZY K View Post
http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A5935A0A0.aspx

save a $100 and free shipping...

I wish it was more specific on the rear springs and which coils... cause I want the same suspension 886s and Dakars...

Good luck!
Thanks! Downsouth motorsports is where I'll be picking it up from. They have close to the same price and they are local.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
depends on what you are doing with the lift. if you plan to run the truck through the woods you want the best quality stuff for running trucks through the woods, in which case OME might be better. i think both lifts are comparable in quality, nothing but good has been said about both.. the dakars are a better option than wheelers 3 leaf, but cost more than twice as much. with the 5100s there is a greater chance you WONT need UCA's, shaving another 600 plus off the cost. i dont wheel my truck because i depend on it for an everyday driver, i have 5100s set to 2.5" with stock coils, stock UCAs, the wheelers progressive 3leaf with OL kept on, and fox 2.0 RR's that i picked up on this site cheap... didnt cost me near as much as the OME kit, rides really nice, and im happy with it.you have to keep in mind that these trucks are pretty capable from the showroom floor, rather than re-invent the wheel with mine, i just upgraded what i wanted to and havent been let down so far.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
What # for Full LT setup??
Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
What # for Full LT setup??

Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
depends on what you are doing with the lift. if you plan to run the truck through the woods you want the best quality stuff for running trucks through the woods, in which case OME might be better. i think both lifts are comparable in quality, nothing but good has been said about both.. the dakars are a better option than wheelers 3 leaf, but cost more than twice as much. with the 5100s there is a greater chance you WONT need UCA's, shaving another 600 plus off the cost. i dont wheel my truck because i depend on it for an everyday driver, i have 5100s set to 2.5" with stock coils, stock UCAs, the wheelers progressive 3leaf with OL kept on, and fox 2.0 RR's that i picked up on this site cheap... didnt cost me near as much as the OME kit, rides really nice, and im happy with it.you have to keep in mind that these trucks are pretty capable from the showroom floor, rather than re-invent the wheel with mine, i just upgraded what i wanted to and havent been let down so far.
What size tires are you running with that setup? Any trimming??
Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How rude
Old 10-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #17

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha x2!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
BroBraBlahBlah

Should I have been more specific?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #19

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Should I have been more specific?
Ha. The please specify was for something else in the price range. Unless you are feeling generous, I think that's a tad spendy for me.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #20
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
I voted something else. Get coilovers, dakars and ucas, with any remote resi's for rear.

But out of the two choice Id chose OME

Products Discussed in this Thread