Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bumper alignment issue

Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper alignment issue

So my 12 just got whacked by someone and the rear bumper got dented luckily it didn't take out any paint from the bumper, it looks simple enough to pop out but my drivers side of the bumper is protruding out of the body lines now, where as the passenger side is not, any idea what can be or got bent? I can't even tell by looking under. Here are some pictures to show you what I am talking about.

Fucked up side:

Clean side:

Fucked up side:

Clean side:

Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Help... Please?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Mid Traveling

bumpety bump. Are the pictures that bad to where nobody sees it or is it just one of those you have to see it in person problems?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
The pictures are good it is just what happens when you have a truck that is not hand built and robots put it together if you bought a 2 million dollar car the bumpers would line up perfect.
Just something you will have to live with sorry.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Mid Traveling

Do you think it came that way or did this happen after the whacking from the random hit and run guy?

EDIT: Shit, you know what, you are right blake. Thank you for point out what I just never noticed, the drivers side of the bumper has always protruded out just a little bit even when it was brand spankin new with 0 miles on it. I was looking at all previous prior pictures from when I first bought and can see where the bumper slightly protrudes out. I guess at this point all I need to do at this juncture is pull out the dent. I feel a lot better now, thanks for the insight
Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Do you think it came that way or did this happen after the whacking from the random hit and run guy?

EDIT: Shit, you know what, you are right blake. Thank you for point out what I just never noticed, the drivers side of the bumper has always protruded out just a little bit even when it was brand spankin new with 0 miles on it. I was looking at all previous prior pictures from when I first bought and can see where the bumper slightly protrudes out. I guess at this point all I need to do at this juncture is pull out the dent. I feel a lot better now, thanks for the insight
You want to know a real good idea? Go talk to one of those guys that makes plate bumpers and swap it out then it will look real nice
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed this on my taco as well went to the dealer and measured distances. They are all the same. Was kinda pissed because I'm pretty meticulous and the slightest imperfections irritate me lol. Kinda OCD...
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
You want to know a real good idea? Go talk to one of those guys that makes plate bumpers and swap it out then it will look real nice
Yah you should get a bumper from socalduckslayer. His name is Tyler he makes bad ass plate bumpers
Old 10-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
Mid Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
Lol I agree and I almost started looking that route, til I saw how much they were priced, then I kinda looked the other way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
I noticed this on my taco as well went to the dealer and measured distances. They are all the same. Was kinda pissed because I'm pretty meticulous and the slightest imperfections irritate me lol. Kinda OCD...
I kinda am too, ESPECIALLY when the vehicle is BRAND NEW!! Fit and finish is one thing that Toyota prides itself on and this is inexcusable on their end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
Yah you should get a bumper from socalduckslayer. His name is Tyler he makes bad ass plate bumpers
Pelfreybilt hmm? I saw his thread just now, he's got a lot of zoomy shit that he has custom tabbed, it all looks pretty awesome though I am not looking to spend tons of money on this car, not only that, maybe I am blind but he doesn't make the rear bumpers? Also what are they made of? Straight steel?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
Mid Traveling

The bed? The bed is misaligned, and not the bumper? Really?