Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which Tires to Order ???

Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Bhwang is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Which Tires to Order ???

Hey I am looking to order these Goodyear Dura Trac Tires 265/75/16 from Tire Rack, which tire load rating should i go with C or E, C has a weight or 2500 lbs per tire and E has a rating of 3400 lbs per tire. Sorry for asking but I searched and couldn't find an answer and I lost my Manual.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if your poundage is right but the load rating depends on what you do with the truck. If you haul a lot, tow a lot, and/or eat the tires up on rocks a lot, go with E rated. I would go with C, because while I do haul occasionally, it's not much or often. If you're just going to be driving around, get the C
Old 10-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
I will be doing highway/city driving mostly with some off roading so proably a C rating correct.

Josh
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I would go with the C Rated tires. The ride won't be quite so harsh.and 10,000Lbs is still above the GVW of our Tacos.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
C is plenty, but E is fine too. If your truck is mostly urban driving and light loads, I would probably get the C's. If you do a lot of hauling, towing or offroad driving then I would get the E's. I don't run anything but E tires. I prefer the way they handle, and I need the added toughness. C's will be lighter by a little, and a little more flexible.

A lot of people are down on E tires because they say the ride is too rough. That is nearly always the result of over inflating them. I run 36psi in my E's with the truck "empty" at 5,000 pounds. When I'm hauling or towing I may go as high as 45. If you get E's chalk them and get the pressure right. It is misinformation that E's require more pressure. The difference is that they can accept more.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
C would be better IMO, yes. Lighter weight will result in a little more forgiving ride and possibly a slight MPG gain (very slight) due to less unsprung weight to get a rollin.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #7

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks for the help guys appreciate it. I will be ordering the C rating