Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about our beds

Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
SED is on a distinguished road

Name: Shawn
SED's Tacoma Gallery
Question about our beds

I'll already posted the in the new members section but i figure this would be a more approriate place to get more get more exposure...

With that said i have been wondering what the little cut notches are for that are at the front of our bed liners about 6 inches up. possibley to cut a 2x4 to size for some sort of brace or what not??? just one of those thingd that isnt a bog deal but you still wanna kmow. (similar to the hot pint fan mount on the V6's) lol

here are some pictures to help clarifiy what im talking about..

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Question about our beds-notch-2.jpg   Question about our beds-notch.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
NewtoTacoma is on a distinguished road
NewtoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think those insets are molded into the sidewalls of the bed to support a pair of 2X6's. With the 2x6's laid across the bed you would have the ability to carry 4 foot wide sheets of plywood or whatever. That is what I would do with them.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #3

SED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoTacoma View Post
I think those insets are molded into the sidewalls of the bed to support a pair of 2X6's. With the 2x6's laid across the bed you would have the ability to carry 4 foot wide sheets of plywood or whatever. That is what I would do with them.
Yeah I mean that's pretty much what i figured as there evenly spaced to the other side of the bed
Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoTacoma View Post
This
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
...and if you're fussy about such things, cut the ends at about 7 degrees to match the bed sides:
Attached Thumbnails
Question about our beds-cargo.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
They hold 2x6's and the seat that goes the whole way down the side can be used in conjunction with the 2x6's so you can do this:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
pugga..you ever snag those wires on cargo?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #8

SED's Tacoma Gallery
I get it now. Makes sense and seems pretty convienent!! Thanks for all the replies guys
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
pugga..you ever snag those wires on cargo?
No, they're zip tied in place but I know, doesn't look tidy... There's a grommet for the wires to go from the bed to the tail light area which is why the wires have to be there to begin with. I'm pretty careful when loading/unloading and anything overly large I just use a trailer to move.

I've since re-worked that whole platform It now has a hinge in the middle and no fasteners so the whole thing can be broken down in a couple of minutes so I can use the whole height of the bed for larger items.