Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

embarrassed on my wheels

Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
jz23 is on a distinguished road
Name: jon
jz23's Tacoma Gallery
embarrassed on my wheels

i am in desperate need of some expert help regarding my stock rims.
I just bought my first (truck/Tacoma), a 2009 reg cab 2x4 and I love my truck but I absolutely hate the stock wheels and tires. they are currently 215/70r15's and they look horrible. (I don't know why they put such wimpy tires on such a nice truck)?
long story short I had planned on buying new tires and rims but am finding it much harder than I anticipated. My mechanic talked me out of lifting it since it is only 2 wheel drive so i am looking for a solution with no mods.
i was looking at the Pro Comp rock crawlers possible (52-5765) but i am not sure if they will work. they have back space options of 3.75(15x7),2.5(15x7.5) or 4.5(15x7). My current stock rims are 15x6 but I'm not sure of the back space or off set.
I was thinking of a 235/70/15 or 235/65/17 but I have no idea what will or will not work with no mods.
does anyone have a list or rims and tires that will work for sure. i am buying on line and am very worried of buying something that will do me no good and won't fit?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
are you a 5 lug or 6 lug?

There are lots of lifted 2wd trucks on this site, including mine. I took mine camping over the weekend, crossed a muddy, water filled creek bed, and she kept on going. Ive never had a problem with my 2wd
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to lift go ahead and do it. I wouldn't let only being 2wd keep you from doing so.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
jz23 is on a distinguished road
Name: jon
jz23's Tacoma Gallery
it's a 5 lug....any suggestions and by the way i love your interior guage lighting did you mod them and if so what did you do?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You can run 235s on a 15x6 rim. Gotta search if it will fit with no rub though
Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jz23 View Post
it's a 5 lug....any suggestions and by the way i love your interior guage lighting did you mod them and if so what did you do?

Thanks. Yes, I soldered in new led's.
I refered to this thread when I did mine

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...ge-colors.html
Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 235s on my stock rims, the bigger tire makes the stock steel even look better.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
esse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esse10's Tacoma Gallery
pr-runner

Perhaps you should have bought a prerunner which is also a 2x4 rear drive and looks just like the 4x4 Tacoma but without the front axles for the 4x4. just my two cents ..........
Old 05-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced the stock 215/70/15s with 235/70/15s and have experienced no rubbing problems. This is the tire size the truck should have been sold with.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by esse10 View Post
Perhaps you should have bought a prerunner which is also a 2x4 rear drive and looks just like the 4x4 Tacoma but without the front axles for the 4x4. just my two cents ..........
I'm pretty sure the regular cab, manual 2.7 4x2 pre runner only came out for a few years (2008-2010???). I know I was looking for one, but just decided to get the base model, put the bigger tires on it and eventually lift it for a couple thousand less than i would have paid for the pre-runner.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Here you are ... ta-da! American Racing Classic 100s ...