Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TPMS light, PSI, and cold weather

Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
St. Swervus's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS light, PSI, and cold weather

Hey all. I did a search and came up with varying responses. I'm running 285 70/R17s. I drove my truck last night then parked in my driveway. We had our first relatively cold night here in Seattle and this morning my TPMS light is on.

Checked all 5 tires and they're sitting right at 30 psi. Sound right or a little low?
I'm going to do the chalk test here in a little while but I'm curious if the temp change is the culprit. It didn't get THAT cold out but....

BTW my wife's Mazda does this every year when the weather changes. Usually add a couple of psi and blam-o it's all good. Hmm.... Thanks y'all.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Mine do the same thing when the weather turns
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Mine do the same thing when the weather turns
What's your fix? Bump the psi up then reset or just deal with the light being on?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Swervus View Post
What's your fix? Bump the psi up then reset or just deal with the light being on?
Pump them back up and reset the light
Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Pump them back up and reset the light
Thanks! I've got my tires chalked for a test later but the ground is wet and covered with leaves. Might fuck the test up. We'll see.